Chapter 14

Previously:

Apparently she had zoned out in her thoughts again only to snap out of it when she heard him speak again. The dreaded words she had never wanted anyone to speak.

"What are you?"

Chapter 14:

Evangeline PoV:

Now:

The silence was deafening as we stared at each other. The shock and betrayal in his eyes hurt me more than anything I have ever felt. Scott had taken his hand away from his neck as the wound seemed to slowly heal. The veins on my face slowly receded as I saw he was no longer hurt. As the tension rose and I didn't answer his question his eyes steeled more.

"WHAT. ARE. YOU!" Scott shouted the betrayal evident in his voice. I couldn't seem to find the will to answer him. Not here anyways.

"Scott-" I spoke, seeing him about to interrupt I quickly finished. "I'll tell you everything I promise but can we just get out of here first." I said pleadingly. he looked to be thinking it over but when he saw the desperation in my eyes he relented.

"Ok but you have to tell me everything once we're out of her." He spoke firmly, probably expecting me to bolt at any second which I couldn't blame him for. I eagerly nodded just wanting to get out of here, with that final motion we both began to walk out the cabin completely silent.

As we walked I thought about the powers I had used in the cabin. I had always had issues using certain aspects of my powers. I had control over my strength, speed and reflexes but things like my actual phoenix force I was never able to use when I wanted. They would usually only be able to be used when I was in a life or death situation and even then they usually controlled me and it was difficult to stop the power from taking over.

However somehow today had been completely different. In Mystic Falls no matter what situation the people I cared about where in I could never summon my powers yet when Katherine bit into Scott's neck, someone who I had only known for a few weeks something snapped. My protective instincts had flared more than ever, so much that it actually brought out my Phoenix.

My phoenix power had only been out one other time after I had found out my parents died. I had ended up running into the woods only to be attacked by a vampire that was passing through and believed me to be easy pickings in my emotional distress. He had almost killed me when my psionic energy exploded out of me as I screamed in fear destroying all the tree's in my vicinity. Flattening the land and vampire, it scared me so badly especially after some of that energy surrounded my wound and healed it. After a lot of research with so little to go on I had finally found out what I was.

A phoenix.

That was the tip of the iceberg as I slowly began to learn about everything else that existed.

My powers had never reacted at others' harm so how did Katherine biting Scott set it off not only that but when I killed Katherine I was close to losing control of my powers. Like they were ready to explode out of me. I was ready to let it out until I heard him. It was the reason I didn't answer him. I was in shock after I killed the vampire the first time it took me a full week to calm myself enough. No one bothered me thinking I was grieving my parents when in reality I was battling my powers. So if it took me a whole week to control myself again how had he calmed me in one sentence.

So much had changed today and I knew two things. I wouldn't forget today and also that Scott Mcall was my anchor, as crazy as it sounded after only a few weeks and I wasn't going to lose him over this.