Chapter 11

Previously:

Everything in me screamed to talk to him, yet I wouldn't, I couldn't. It was all so much and so now I had one mission and one mission only....

Stay away from SCOTT MCALL at ALL COSTS...

however it appears that today luck isn't on my side.

Chapter 11:

Evangeline PoV:

Now:

I had always been a bit of an in-depth thinker so it honestly didn't surprise me when I spent most of last class thinking about how much my life had changed. It happened to me a lot. People always said things like 'she's got her head in the clouds' 'she's a daydreamer.' or my favourite one from Elena 'stop daydreaming it's not like their gonna come true. you're too worthless for that.'

However no one actually ever got to the real root of my thinking. It was anxiety. Every day of my life there was always something to be anxious about like Elena, School, Vampires, Witches, Werewolves, Hybrids, War between my friends, death. It was a never ending cycle of anxiousness. Now however I just get lost in thought because of habit. There was nothing but school to worry me here, but the problems were so minor that it barely fazed me now.

My mind was suddenly derailed when the bell rang signalling the end of the day. Like every other student I packed up as fast as I could ready to go home and find something to distract me from thinking about Mystic Falls.

As I walked out the classroom and down the hall, I was getting closer to the exit when I saw Stiles and Scott leaning against their lockers talking animatedly about something. Normally I would wave to Stiles but Scott was there and so I took to the mature thing to do. I covered my face in hair and made a run for it.

Unfortunately as I sent a quick look back I saw Stiles pointing at me next to Scott. As I was cursing Stiles out in my mind I realised that Scott was making his way towards me and that sent me straight out the doors of the school and back on the path to my car.

"Eve!" I heard Scott shout trying to gain my attention. I ignored it though thinking he would give up and leave me alone...

that didn't happen.

the calls got more loud and urgent. Soon when I looked back again he was full on sprinting over to me shouting my full name.

"Evangeline!" I knew at this point I had to stop mostly because I felt bad for ignoring him but also because of the stares I was getting and the weird looks everyone was giving Scott. feeling embarrassed as my cheeks lit up a rosy hue. I stopped walking and turned to Scott with the best smile I could muster, which by the time he got there had turned into a grimace.

In less than a few seconds he was already in front of me. Looking at me with his gorgeous dark brown eyes. The same eyes that for a split second can make me ask why I keep running from him, only for it to be ruined by the exciting yet slightly uncomfortable sparks that run up and down my body.

"Hey Scott what do ya need?" I spoke face palming in my head about how much of an idiot I was being.

"Go out with me." He said leaving me very much confused and gobsmacked seeing as it came from nowhere.

His face stayed stone for a few moments before his eyes suddenly grew wide and he was backtracking.

"I-I don't mean like on a date. I m-mean like hanging out because everyone says you're great and I want to get to know you. Plus I feel like we haven't actually talked, bar your first day here and... wow I'm so sorry if I made you uncomfortable when I said 'go out with me' I really didn't mean to... I MEAN it's not like I think you're unattractive or anything. I do find you attractive... oh my did I just objectify you I'm so sor-"

"SCOTT!"

"Yeah?"

"Breathe!"

"Ok"

Honestly his babbling was really cute but I could tell I was going to be here for the rest of my life if I let it continue. After giving him a few moments to breathe he seemed a lot calmer and he found the courage to talk.

"Listen I know that you seem to hate me but it's not fair to put everyone through this. We can't just not talk to each other. It's not fair on the rest so why won't me and you just go to Janie's and try and figure it out." He spoke coherently this time.

Everything in my heart was screaming YES whilst my mind was screaming NO as cliché as that sounds. I definitely understood where he was coming from seeing as I had lived through what our friends could go through if we continued like this but at the same time I didn't know if I could do this. Scott was a good guy. At least that's what everyone else said but the feelings I get around him make me scared because it makes me want to trust him and I can't trust anyone ever again, at least not yet. It's too much. I can't be betrayed again after what happened in Mystic Falls.

He makes me want to trust him and I loathe it. He makes me want to curl up in his arms and cry. I want to be comforted by him but I can't let myself get that vulnerable again. Everything I feel like I need to do with him I can't because no matter how much I say I don't care. I do, and I don't know if I can put myself in that position again. The position to get hurt.

Unfortunately every way to say no flew out my head because the minute I looked back into those puppy eyes there was only one word I could say.

"Okay."

Third PoV:

At this point a word seemed harmless, when in reality that word. That decision was going to change Evangeline's fate forever. That decision would put her back in the middle of one of the things she tried to escape even if she was part of it herself.

It would put Evangeline in the middle of the supernatural again, but how will she feel this time? Will she go through the pain and heartbreak she felt back in Mystic falls or will she finally get her happy ending?

(A/N: Hey guys!!! Enjoy the new chapter)