Chapter 19

previously:

"B-but you should be mad, I kept a secret from you, why aren't you yelling at me or hurting me or... o-or" My head began to pound with confusion and my tongue began to get tied as I spoke. They were making no sense, they.. they should be angry... Why weren't they angry? If I had kept a secret in Mystic Falls Elena would have hurt me and everyone else would have yelled at or insulted me.

I brought a hand up to my forehead feeling a pain swell up. I was so lost in my thoughts and anxiety that I didn't realise that all my thoughts had been spoken aloud. I was so distracted that I didn't feel the overwhelming amount of concern that was in the air. I staggered back slightly as the pain began to become too much and before I knew it all I saw was black.

Chapter 19:

Scott's PoV:

Now:

I was frozen in shock as I listened to Evangeline's words. Did she really think those things? My heart broke when I saw her genuinely confused face. Anger flowed through me when I thought of the people who did this to her. I had to suppress a growl as I thought about what those THINGS had done to her. THINGS not people, they didn't get the right to be called people after what they had done to her. I had never been one for violence but right now all I could imagine was tearing them all to pieces limb by limb.

My maniacal thoughts were pushed aside as I watched her put a hand to her forehead. She suddenly stumbled which had not only me but everyone else come closer to her in concern and then she fainted. It was so surprising that my instincts to catch her received a sort of whiplash and my body returned to it's frozen state. Luckily before she could fall on the floor Derek caught her. He picked her up bridal style and brought her to his bed. As he laid her down on the bed I couldn't help the growl that ripped from my throat when I saw the way he looked at her. The care, concern and protectiveness on his face made me want to kill him. I was the only one who could look at her like that ME not HIM. The more logical side of me could clearly see it was a sort of brotherly care but the other side of me which seemed to only come out when she was around didn't care.

Then it was like my body was out of my control and before I knew it I was in front of Evangeline growling at Derek as I Pushed him away from her.

"MINE" I spoke authoritatively and possessively. I could see in my peripheral vision that my friends all had certain shades of confusion dancing along their faces. I quickly stopped looking at them through the side of my eye and instead looked straight at Derek, still growling in warning. Whilst my other friends had been confused Derek's eyes seemed to flash with understanding as he quickly took a few steps backwards.

"Relax Scott, It's okay no one is going to take her from you." Derek spoke in a soothing voice as he stepped even further back. My growling halted as my body relaxed and I seemed to have control back. I immediately felt guilty for growling at Derek when all he did was try and help.

"I'm sorry Derek I have no idea why I-" I started to apologise before he cut me off.

"It's alright Scott, no harm done." Derek answered with a firm nod afterwards that told me to drop the subject. I reluctantly nodded and just as I was about to turn back around and make sure Evangeline's still unconscious form was alright, Stiles decided to be Stiles.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!! Scott you went all possessive, growling as if Derek had taken your favourite chew toy." Stiles spoke not being able to help himself with the dog joke. As always Derek looked at Stiles deadpan, finding the joke not at all funny which got a mumbled "sour wolf" from Stiles and just as Derek stepped forward about to say something back I decided to speak.