Chapter 18

previously:

"Listen, Please just let her explain." The weakness and defeat in Scott's voice caused the others to forget about the way he just used his alpha status against them, and prepare for Evangeline's explanation.

"It started after school...

Chapter 18:

Evangeline PoV:

Now:

I began to explain everything that happened today (Obviously not telling them about my mental breakdowns.) The more I told them, the more my heartbeat sped up and my words were stumbled over. My brain was in overdrive as I explained the kidnapping and who it was that kidnapped us. I felt more exposed than I ever have before, with Scott for some reason when I told him I felt relief not this agonising sense of exposure. As I began to panic more I started to ramble, the story had finished minutes ago and yet I was still rambling on.

"Look I-I'm sorry I didn't t-tell you what I kn-new but I didn't want you to hate me or treat me like an o-outcast, m-my whole life I have always been told to k-keep my mouth shut and stay out of people's business. s-s-so I'm really sorry that I-" Before my ramblings could continue I felt a hand squeeze mine and suddenly I was at peace, my breath started to even out and my feeling of exposure drastically lowered and it wasn't just because It was Scott's hand, it was because I knew he would be there for me no matter what. He had assured me that he would help me and stand by me.

It was different knowing that someone was going to stand by me no matter what, I was so used to having to walk on eggshells around certain people and keep my mouth shut with others. Even with Jeremy I had never been able to be fully honest with him, knowing that if I was he would threaten or yell at Elena which would mean Elena would hurt me more for blabbing to Jeremy. It was nice knowing that I could be completely honest with Scott, it was a feeling I loved and loathed at the same time because whilst I loved that I was free to be able to say what I want I loathed the fact that when I was I would no doubt be perceived as weak.

I felt another soft squeeze which brought me out of my thoughts. I quickly looked up at Scott and gave him a soft smile of thanks which made him nod slightly in return. I tore my eyes off Scott and looked around the room, my anxiety becoming more prominent as I realised that these people now knew I was a Phoenix and had been lying to them for weeks.

As I looked around the room I was surprised that when I looked in their eyes there was no hate or disgust, only understanding and curiosity especially Stiles who I could see was on the edge of his seat, clearly excited to learn more about a new supernatural being.

As I looked at all their soft and understanding faces, I suddenly felt confused. Why weren't they mad at me for keeping a secret from them? Why hadn't they called me names or thrown things at me? Why weren't they telling me to do something for them? My head started to hurt from the amount of confusing thoughts swirling around it.

After a few seconds the supernatural in the room could clearly smell my confusion as Liam spoke.

"Why are you so confused?" Liam said and whilst I knew he wasn't completely innocent in that moment he looked like it, with his own confusion and pure curiosity swirling in his eyes, his head tilted to the side as he awaited my answer.

"It's just-" I took a deep breath trying to calm down my thoughts enough for a proper sentence. "Why aren't you all mad at me" I spoke genuinely confused and with my sentence I could sense everybody else became confused.

"Why would we be mad at you? I mean we all have kept secrets from each other and we have kept secrets from you so it's only fair you have your own secrets." Lydia spoke this time getting nods from everyone in agreement as if this was the normal reaction one gave to what I had said.

"B-but you should be mad, I kept a secret from you, why aren't you yelling at me or hurting me or... o-or" My head began to pound with confusion and my tongue began to get tied as I spoke. They were making no sense, they.. they should be angry... Why weren't they angry? If I had kept a secret in Mystic Falls Elena would have hurt me and everyone else would have yelled at or insulted me.

I brought a hand up to my forehead feeling a pain swell up. I was so lost in my thoughts and anxiety that I didn't realise that all my thoughts had been spoken aloud. I was so distracted that I didn't feel the overwhelming amount of concern that was in the air. I staggered back slightly as the pain began to become too much and before I knew it all I saw was black.

(Hey Guysss!!! So I know I haven't been updating a lot and I just wanted to thank all of you who continue to read my story. There are a few of you I wanted to mention for the kind words and encouragement you have given me...

Hey_Sunshine05

moon_light2005

navroxx1919

I appreciate all of you and can't wait to find out what you will think of the rest of the book!!!! )