Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Evangeline PoV:

Now:

It was kind of funny to think of how drastically her and Scott's friendship had changed in a day. Yesterday I treated him like the plague, avoiding him at all costs and then...

he cornered her. She had never been under compulsion before, the phoenix in her wouldn't allow it but when he asked her to come with him and she saw the vulnerable almost frantic look in his eyes she was pretty sure she was mind-controlled.

It had honestly surprised her how well it had gone. The feelings she got around him weren't anywhere near bad but they had made her suspicious and wary of him. After that she had thought it was stupid of her to be so suspicious of him and their weird connection, everything had gone well...

Until it hadn't.

Honestly when they were kidnapped and she saw Katherine she hadn't known what to think. She had always been so scared of Katherine and everyone else in Mystic Falls. She was always the shy and innocent little sister of Elena Gilbert who wanted peace. In Beacon Hills she had her own identity as Evangeline the girl who had changed from shy and meek follower to a fierce, loyal friend who wouldn't let anyone stand in the way of what she wanted...

and yet the whole time she had been in Beacon Hills she had thought that if she ever saw any of the people she used to know she would turn back into Elena's perfect little sister. When she saw her sister's doppelgänger she felt all the progress she had made was ready to vanish and she would return to being the little human pet of Mystic Falls.

When I was ready to just give in and leave I had turned to an unconscious Scott and suddenly my anger came back. My new, confident self came back. The words spilled out of my mouth before I could stop them. The shocked look on Katherine's face would be forever ingrained into my mind.

As I think back to a few hours ago, all the emotions I felt in that room wash over me like a tidal wave. Everything she taunted me with and spoke about hurt me in a way but it was nothing compared to what I felt when she bit into Scott's neck. The rage was like nothing I ever felt before even when my parents died I never felt that way. I had barely known Scott for a week, hell I spent that week avoiding him, so really I had only known Scott for a couple of hours and so the rage that engulfed me when she bit into Scott's neck scared me.

It scared me that I could feel so deeply for someone I barely knew especially after everything in Mystic falls. It scared me that when I killed her I felt nothing but anger and it scares me that even now I don't feel an inch of remorse for what I did.

I was finally brought out of my daydream as we hit a little bump on the road. We sat in silence for a few minutes and whilst Scott didn't seem to mind I did. A question was burning in my mind, a question that I was dying to ask since we got in the car and before I could stop myself it slipped from my tongue.

"Will they hate me?" I spoke quickly. Scott seemed slightly surprised by the sudden question.

"What?" he spoke, slightly confused about the random question.

"The pack will they hate me?" I repeated as I looked at the side of his head the anxiety clear in my voice from having to tell the people who I had grown to trust more than I could ever imagine. Surprisingly Scott offered me a reassuring smile.

"They won't. I promise." Scott spoke sincerely

"How do you know?" I asked the curiosity rolling off me in waves.

"Everyone in the pack has had their own secrets, some like yours others worse and yet we're all still here together and closer than we ever thought we could be, I mean some of us have even tried to kill each other. I can't promise that they won't be angry for a while, but I can promise that they will eventually get over it and you will get even closer than you were before." He spoke with a slight shrug still staring at the road ahead which I was slightly thankful for due to the clear admiration I was holding in my eyes as I stared at him, the anxiety I held previously seemed to float away at his words until he asked the question that seemed to be burning his tongue.