Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Evangeline PoV:

Flashback:

Ten Year Old Evangeline & Elena

8 Year Old Jeremy

I was sitting on my pink princess bed playing with the special dollie grams gave to me. She was like my own grandma. Grams had gotten me the dollie when she found out that Lena took all of mine claiming they were hers and that had stolen them making my parents dislike me even more. As I was playing Elena came into the room with a smug smile on her face.

"Give me your doll now." Elena spoke with a smug smile. When she asked I gripped the doll tight and held it to my chest.

"B-but Lena Grams gave it to me. You have your own play with them." I said holding on to my doll even tighter. Begging in my mind for her to not take my only toy.

"I don't care, give me yours now." Elena spoke, replacing the smug smile on her face with a scowl. I decided to finally say no. This was the only toy I had so with as much confidence as I could muster I put on a brave face and said the one word I didn't have the courage to say until now.

"No." The minute the word spilled out my mouth I started to backtrack seeing as the scowl on her face turned into a look of pure rage. She stalked towards me making me immediately run to the corner of my room standing there looking at her walk closer to me. I started to tremble the brave face I had on replaced with a petrified face. With every step she took the more I shook whilst she got even more angry with every step.

"What did you say?" Elena asked calmly. Too calmly. She was standing right in front of me now looking me deadly in the eye. I was petrified looking at her with eyes wide as saucers. The air left my lungs. My throat closed up and I couldn't talk.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY." Elena shouted in my face. Then proceeded to slap me twice making me wince and fall to the ground. She punched and kicked me to the point where I couldn't move, grabbed my doll and walked to the door. As she opened it she turned her head to me with a sickly sweet smile saying words that stay with me to this day.

"You ever say no to me again, I will kill you." Elena sang with a sickly sweet smile in the nicest voice she could muster and walked out slamming the door. Leaving me to sit in my pain is a sobbing mess.

Flashback Over:

I sat up straight breathing heavily tears streaming down my face. I could feel the bile in my throat. I dashed to the bathroom and straight to the toilet lurching up everything I had eaten the night before. I got up and washed my face brushing my teeth and looking into the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot my hair in a bird's nest but that wasn't what she was looking at. She had worn a crop top and shorts to bed and now on her stomach appeared to be a tattoo. One she had never gotten. It was a wolf tattoo. The tattoo was colourless, all grey apart from the eyes. The eyes were a ruby red. As she traced the tattoo and looked into the mirror she focused on the eyes and she couldn't help but feel enchanted. Before she could get too caught up in the eyes her phone rang snapping her out of her thoughts she set the toothbrush down. Spat out the toothpaste and walked to the phone. It was an unknown number. I was scared it was so ominous the nightmare, the tattoo and now the phone rings. She felt like she was in a horror movie or better yet she felt like she was back in mystic falls. With the little courage she had left she picked up the phone and answered it with a steady breath.

"H-hello" She stuttered. When she heard the voice on the other side of the phone she didn't know whether to cry, sigh in relief, curse herself or hang up.