Chapter 42

(3496 words)

Ryder's Pov

I'm a fucking idiot.

My head began to hurt as I continued to pull at my roots, my hands grabbing fist fulls of my hair pacing around the room. My chest constricted as horrible what if's filled my head. Thunder began rumbling through the sky, and rain began to pour. 

The door opened causing me to abruptly stop. My uncle walked in looking stressed, "Do you have her?" I asked.

"No, they lost her," he sighed.

"How the fuck did they lose her?" I hissed out. 

"She went down an alleyway and lost her okay," he said angrily.

I ran my hand through my hair aggressively, "How the fuck does she know shortcuts?" I mumbled. 

"Wait, hold up, why didn't they follow her?" I asked.

"What?" he asked.

"Why didn't they go after her by foot?" I asked, crossing my arms across my chest.

"why would they go on foot?!"

I glared at him, "The real question is why didn't they. They are the fucking police," I said growing angrier by the second. 

"Ryder-,"

"Or is it the fact that their lazy fat fucks who had too many donuts in the break room?" I said. 

(I have nothing against the police)

"This has nothing to do with Bella," Uncle Leo spoke quickly.

"The fuck you mean? My girl is fucking missing now all because they couldn't get up and chase after her?" 

"No this is about how you hate the police because of your father," Uncle said. I glared at him, "Sperm donor," I corrected him.

"Whatever, the point is you're not mad about them losing Bella. You're mad at them for what they didn't do," my Uncle said.

"What?" Bobby said looking at me confused. 

"Nothing," I said looking at Bobby, then turned to my Uncle, "But that has nothing to do with it. And how dare you bring that up," I shouted.

All of a sudden I was pushed to the ground and Bobby climbed on top of me, "What the fuck Bobby," I yelled trying to push him off of me. He pinned my arms down as I struggled beneath him.

"All this arguing isn't doing shit for Bella, so swallow your fucking anger and focus on finding her," he said between clenched teeth. 

I froze. Bobby rarely got mad, "Since when were you the rational one?" I spoke calming down my nerves the best I could.

"Since Brian isn't here. By the way, I liked the donut comeback," he said slowly letting me go. I shook my head, "Of fucking course you did," I said as I stood up. I dusted myself off and then leaned against the counter.

"Look I'm sorry I brought it up, I shouldn't have," my Uncle apologized and I nodded. "What even happened in the first place," he asked changing the topic. 

I glared at the ground as I felt anger rising in me towards myself, "I lashed out," I spoke.

"You what?" my Uncle asked.

"I was already pissed off to begin with when some fucking prick bumped into me and I fucked him up a bit. Bella tried to get between us and I ended up lashing out at her. I said a bunch of shit I didn't mean and once I realized I fucked up she already ran," I sighed running my hand through my hair, "I tried to run after her, but once I reached the school doors she was nowhere in sight,"