Chapter 20

(3233 words)

I groaned as I felt myself waking up. Ryder, Ace, Michael and I had watched the greatest showman and then decided to just put on regular tv. Michael had fallen asleep during the movie, and Ace soon fell asleep after that and then I followed. I wasn't sure when Ryder had fallen asleep because he refused to sleep until I had fallen asleep.

I woke up on a warm comfortable surface, which confused me. I could also hear their heartbeat and there steady breathing. I opened my eyes and noticed that I was on top of someone.

I looked up and saw Ryder. His hair was a little bit over his eyes and his mouth was slightly pouting causing me to smile from how childlike he looked. My legs were tangled with his, and his arms were wrapped around my waist.

My hand reached up and brushed the hair away from his eyes. He stirred a bit causing him to tighten his arms around me. I didn't mind because being in Ryder's arms was the most comfortable place to be, I feel safe and protected.

I rested my head back on his chest and snuggled up against him. I felt his chest let out a deep breathe making me look up at him. He blinked a couple of times and then looked around. He then looked down at me and a smile graced his face.

"Good morning baby," he said kissing my forehead. It caused a smile to spread across my lips, and I got this giddy feeling, "Good morning," I said resting my chin on his chest. He looked at me with adoration shining in his blue eyes. I felt his hand slip into my shirt and started to rub my bareback. The touch of his fingers on my bare back left little tingles were ever he touches, it caused me to close my eyes and rest my cheek against his chest. I honestly never wanted this to end.

All of a sudden we heard a giant yawn coming from Bobby who was stretching on the floor. I giggled as I felt Ryder tense up. I opened my eyes and saw that he was glaring daggers at an unsuspected Bobby.

I cleared my throat causing Ryder to focus on me instead of Bobby. His eyes were hard but softened when they landed on me. I gave him a soft smile and went to get off of him but he tightened his hold on me.

"Come on Ry Ry, I need to get ready it's already," I looked over at the box under the TV, "12:30," I said, I looked down at Ryder only to have him staring at me with a smirk on his face, "What?" I asked confused.

"Ry Ry?" he asked with I slight chuckle causing me to blush, "you have a nickname for me, so I created one for you, now let's get up," I said as he looked at me, his eyes seemed to be shining.

"What?" I asked confused about why he was looking at me. He shook his head, I heard him mumble something but I didn't catch it so I just let it go, "I'm gonna go upstairs and get ready I think I need to go food shopping if there is going to be this many people in the house," I said.

I walked up the stairs and into my room. I changed out of my pj's and Ryder's sweatshirt and pulled on jeans and a shirt along with Jenny's old sweatshirt that she had given me. I walked into the bathroom and put my hair into a ponytail and brushed my teeth. I walked back out, grabbed my phone along with my notebook and a pencil and went downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and went through everything writing down what I need. I even decided to plan out dinner. When I finished Michael walked into the kitchen along with everyone else, "the boys and I are going to head out," Brian said as I turned to them.

I nodded and we all said our goodbyes. Now it was Ryder, Michael, Uncle Leo and I.

"I gotta head out too, but I'll call you later and I'll see you Monday after school," Michael said as he came over and kissed my forehead. I saw out of the corner of my eye Ryder seemed to tense up when Michael did that. "Okay bye," I said as he left. Now it was down to three.