Chapter 28

(3059 words) 

Ryder's pov

she was beautiful. the most breathtaking woman I have ever seen in my life, and I am the luckiest guy on earth because she is my girlfriend. waking up being surrounded in the scent of strawberries and vanilla has to be the most relaxing and peaceful thing to wake up to.

I opened my eyes being blinded by a bright light making me shut my eyes right away. god, damn light blinding me. I gritted my teeth and moved higher up on the bed so the light wouldn't be in my eyes.

I took deep breaths inhaling the sweet scent causing me to relax. I smiled a little. just the presents and mere scent off my Bella calm me to the point that I wouldn't care what anybody does.

I opened my eyes not being blinded by the bright light and looked to my side. Bella was curled up against my bare chest, our legs were tangled together, and her arm was loosely wrapped around my waist while the other was tucked under her chin. 

her right cheek was resting on my chest, her delicate skin felt so right against mine. her eyebrows were creased together and her soft lips were slightly pouting. her hair was slightly all over the place, the baby hairs that she had pulled back were now standing up in all different directions. 

I reached down and moved the little hairs out of her face, her delicate skin feeling soft against the pad of my fingers. my fingers traced her eyebrows soothing them out. her eyebrows relaxed and a smile spread across her face. she let out a content sigh and snuggled closer to me, burying her face into my chest. I'm happy that my little Bella does this, it lets me know that I bring her as much comfort as she brings me.

I slipped my hand under the back of her shirt and started to gently run my fingers against her bareback. the pads of my fingers would sometimes hit one of her scares making me hold onto her tighter.

when she had told me what had happened to her it was like my life flashed before my eyes. for the first time, I had felt what real fear was like. the mear thought of losing Bella caused this heavy feeling to sink in me, it was like I was getting ripped in half.

the first time I had met her she had her hair in her face like she was hiding from the world. she was also very shy and quiet, I could tell right away that she didn't like attention. I've learned that everyone is the way they are for a reason, so Bella's shy nature intrigued me. it confused me at first because I have seen shy people before but for some reason Bella was different. it was like something else was going on and no one knew about it but her.

and I was half right, something was going on that only she knew. her mother was murdered and she was taken, she was only five years old when this happened and when I first saw her that was about a year maybe less from when she was rescued. and the things that they did to her. just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. no one should ever be subjected to that stuff. I wouldn't even wish that on the people I hate the most. the things they did could mentally and emotionally scar you.

Bella is mentally and emotionally scarred from what they had done. she tries everything she can to forget about what had happened but the physical scars are holding her back from moving on, I can tell. the nightmares she gets aren't helping either.

but there isn't anything I can do to help her, the only thing I can do is be there when she needs me. it sucks how someone you care about is going through something and you can't do anything about it. 

I felt Bella start to stir, she groaned as she moved around causing me to coo the cute sounds she was making. she lifted her head looking around, when her eyes landed on me she smiled and moved up burying her face in my neck.