Chapter 8

(2303 words)

"Bella?"

I looked over at my bathroom door and saw Ryder standing there. He was staring down at me with those blue orbs that seemed to hold concern and worry.

I tried to stop the tears from falling because I didn't want him to see me like this but they just kept falling. I think they're coming down faster now.

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked sniffling.

Ryder just stared at me for a couple of seconds then he seemed to look around the bathroom and when his eyes landed on the mirror his eyes widened in what I think surprise.

He looked back over at me and sat down in front of me not letting his eyes leave mine, " what did you do?" Ryder asked grabbing my now bloody and bruised hand.

"I-it's nothing," I said taking my hand out of his.

"It's something Bella your hand is bleeding," he tried to grab my hand again but I moved it away from his reach. I saw the hurt flash through his eyes for a second but it was gone the next and his eyes held that stone cold look in them.

"It's nothing Ryder just let it go," I said looking down at the floor.

"I'm not gonna fucking let it go, your hand is dripping blood onto the floor and needs to be taken care of," Ryder said reaching for my hand again.

My head shot up and looked at him "Can you just drop it, what are you even doing here anyway?" I said irritated. I didn't like the way I just lashed out on him. I hated it. I didn't mean to.

Ryder's eyes widened probably surprised at the way I just spoke to him. He composed himself and hid the surprise in his eyes and let out a sigh running his hand through his hair.

"You weren't in school I wanted to make sure you were okay," he said softly.

"I'm fine you can leave now," I spoke rudely.

His eyes narrowed and they darkened in anger, "your not fine Bella, your nowhere near fine," he licked his lips, "your skin is pale, you look like you haven't slept in weeks, you look thinner then you did a week ago, you punched your mirror, your hand is bleeding and you look like you've been crying for days,"

I was shocked he even noticed half of the things he has said and I didn't think he would notice any of it either.

"Now what the fuck is going on with you," Ryder gritted out. He was angry and I didn't know why.

"Nothing," I looked right into his eyes, "why do you even care?" I asked completely confused and done with feeling that way.

He opened his mouth like he was going to say something but closed it not even 5 seconds after, "you didn't even show up yesterday at lunch like you said you would like you promised you would," tears started to fill my eyes and they slowly started to fall.

I stood up and looked down at him, "did I say something or do something to make you ignore me for a week and ditch me yesterday," I sobbed staring down at him.

"Or did you just come here to play me again. Did you put those notes in my locker that day? Was that all some plan just to get me to trust you and then hurt me," Ryder stood up.

"No that's not..."

"Did you find out how weak and broken I am. Did you finally realize how ugly and fat I look? Were you discussed and embarrassed to be seen with me," I asked crying my eyes out.

Ryder placed his hand on my shoulders, "whoa Bella where are you getting this from?" He asked confused.

"Nowhere," I said sniffling as silent tears went down my cheeks I looked down at the floor not wanting to have this conversation anymore. He wasn't supposed to know anything I just said.