Chapter 4

(2234 words) 

"Bella,"

"Who the fuck are you?" Ryder hissed out angrily.

Uh oh

Ryder stood in front of me in a protective stance. I understand why though. after what happened to Joey in the parking lot he's like on high alert, and with a male waiting for me on my front porch it didn't help.

I looked over Ryder's shoulder and was surprised to see Michael my self-defense teacher. After the incident my father wanted me to know some way of protecting myself. so he had his coworker's son teach me somethings.  

Michael has short brown hair and brown eyes. He is well built and works at the gym in town and is now a senior at his preppy school. He's like a brother to me since the incident and has been hanging out with me whenever he can.  

I watched as Michael seemed to look between the four of them and then at me and his face seemed to grow red. you see after Michael had learned about what had happened to me he became protective. like very protective.

for example, I remember one-time Michael was giving me self-defense lessons at the gym and his friends had pulled up.  I was only wearing a sports bra and leggings that Michael had forced me to wear. I was very self-conscious at the time well still am but his friend's made comments. Michael completely flipped on his friends and almost punched one of them if I hadn't stepped in. 

with that in mind, I quickly tried to get out from behind Ryder to prevent anyone from getting hurt but he wouldn't let me go. I didn't want to alarm Michael so I didn't struggle and just turned to him only to find his face even redder than before.

"Mikey," 

"Mind letting go of her buddy," Michael's hands were in fists and his knuckles were turning white.

"mind telling me who the fuck you are," Ryder said between clenched teeth. his other hand that wasn't holding me behind his back was in a fist and his knuckles were turning white just like Michaels. 

"R-Ryder this is Michael. he's a family friend. Michael this is Ryder, Brian, Bobby, and Ace... they wanted to walk me home," I said.

"Bella, come here," his voice was strained as if he was trying to keep his tone gentle trying not to scare me.  michael never wants to scare me that's the last thing he ever wants to do. I knew I could trust him with my life. 

I tried to get out of Ryders but he was reluctant on letting me go, "Ryder i-its okay, Michael would never hurt me, I promise," I said softly trying to reassure him that everything was okay. I felt his muscles somewhat relax and he let me go with slight hesitation. 

I walked over to Michael and stopped right in front of him. he placed his hands on my shoulder making me hiss in pain and it caused him to remove his hands from my shoulder, "Bella what was that?" he asked with slight anger in his tone.

before I could say anything Michael had moved my shirt over and was now staring at the bruise, "what the fuck did you guys do?" Michael yelled angrily pushing me behind him protectively.

"We didn't do that you dumb fuck," Ryder yelled back coming over to us but the guys held him back.

"then who the fuck did,"

"it was Joey," I whispered out making everyone freeze in place. Michael turned around to me.

"That kid is still giving you a hard time?" Michael said his anger gone for now.

I nodded. michael knew about joey and the others and he had told me to always tell him when they bothered me, but I never did. I didn't want to cause any problems.