Chapter 36

(3151 words)

Since we were little our parents have warned us about the harsh realities of the world. how unfair and challenging it could be. how we shouldn't turn our backs on reality. 

They challenged us, pushing us to be the best you, you can be. They want you to learn and overcome mistakes not wanting them to happen again. telling us stories of there mistakes and how they learned from them.

Yet I never remember my dad or even my cousin Jenna talking about the lesson on losing someone, not from death, but friendship. they never told me how painful it could be. feeling like something is missing a part of you is gone as they took it from you. 

It's been days since the incident with Michael and I haven't felt more lost in my life. It's like this almost hollow feeling deep inside my chest. it makes me feeling something is missing. 

I didn't know what was going on after he had confessed everything. I had snapped out of my frozen like state when Ryder had gotten me into the front seat of his car. while Amelia was collecting our things Brian had pulled me away from the room as a screaming match began between Mikey and Ryder. 

I didn't know what they said and when I tried to talk to Ryder about it, he told me not to worry. according to Amelia, it was a nasty argument but she wouldn't go into further detail. I didn't push her on it anyway, knowing Ryder's anger he would most likely blow up on her for telling me. 

Ryder has also been extra cautious around me. I feel like he's scared that I might break down from what happened. I've told him I'm okay a couple of times but he doesn't seem to believe me.

we haven't been to the gym since that day either, and I'm a little bit concerned about Ryder. I've learned before that Ryder goes to the gym to release all that pent up anger he has, and if he doesn't he's like a ticking time bomb. however he hasn't shown that his anger was slowly taking over. 

I've tried to get Ryder to at least go to the gym with Bobby, Brian, and Ace but he refuses to leave me alone. it wasn't like I was going to be alone, amelia would stay with me like she has been for the past couple of days. yet Ryder still refuses to leave my side. I don't mind though I find it comforting. 

the pounding on the bathroom door broke me away from my thoughts, "Bella, are you okay? you've been in there for over an hour baby" cold water was raining down on my body causing me to shake violently. 

I quickly finished showering and turned it off the water. Stepping out of the shower. I wrapped a fluffy white towel around myself, greedily taking in the warmth it provided me. I quickly dried off-putting on my undergarments followed by my black leggings, a white short-sleeve shirt, and Ryder's hoodie. 

I rushed out of the bathroom only to bump into a hard chest. arms wrapped around my waist keeping me from falling. I knew who it was immediately digging my head further into his chest seeking warmth, "Jesus, Bella your freezing," he said holding me tighter to him. 

Ryder lifted me so I could wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist and he carried me over to the bed. he sat down with me on his lap pulling me impossibly closer to him.  he slipped his hands under my sweatshirt, resting in his hands against my bareback. I snuggled as close to him as I could trying to gather as much warmth from him as I could. 

once I got warmer, he pulled me slightly away from him, "why were you in there for so long?" he asked worriedly. he cupped my face rubbing his thumb into my check causing me to lean into his hand, "I was just thinking Ryder," 

"you were in the shower for over an hour because you were thinking?" he asked as if he was trying to clarify whether he got that right or not. I nodded staring into his ocean blue eyes. he frowned confused, "what were you thinking about then?"