Chapter 24

Happy Holidays!!!

(3326 words) 

"Hey Bells, is everything okay?" Mikey asked as I settled myself down in the seat.

I nodded, "yeah, follow that car over there," I said pointing at Brian's car, "to the gym,"

"I'm surprised you're okay with going to a different gym," He said shocked. Mikey knew that I didn't like trying new places simply because of my anxiety.

I nervously played with my thumbs, "I'm not," I whispered looking out the window.

Out of my peripheral vision, I saw Mikey look over at me, "then why are we going?" that was a good question that not even I could answer. The only real answer I can come up with was because Ryder wanted to see what I have learned and to tell him what Uncle Leo found in my room.

"he doesn't know what Uncle Leo found in my room, and he wanted to know what I learned from you. I guess I thought I should just get it over with now, but... I'm not at all comfortable with it,"

"I understand what you're saying Bella, but you shouldn't push yourself to do things your not comfortable with," he spoke with a brotherly tone

"I know I just felt like I should show him what I know for now instead of prolonging it

"you see that bag in the back seat?" he asked and I turned around seeing the bag, "yeah,"

"grab it and open it," he instructed. I grabbed the bag and opened it shocked. Inside were a bunch of his old shirts, I remember him giving me a bunch of shirts when we started the lessons. he gave them to me because I was uncomfortable wearing just sports bras. I also didn't want anyone to see the scars on my back. I was very insecure about my back, and still am. 

He allowed me to wear them the way I wanted. after a while, I got comfortable around him and got used to the usual people at the gym so I have them back. I never knew he kept all of them.

"I kept them just in case, for situations like today," Mikey said.

"thank you," I said as he pulled into the parking lot of ryders gym. I took one out and took off my sweatshirt putting on one of his shirts. It was one of the ones I had cut the sleeves off of, making it a muscle tee. I through back on my sweatshirt just as he parked the car.

"your welcome, if you feel too anxious just let me know and we can leave and head over to our gym for a bit," he said and I nodded, "now let's go," he said getting out of the car caring another bag.

I got out of the car carrying my phone and fell into step with Mikey, over to Brian's car. everyone stepped out heading to the door but Ryder came over to me and grabbed my hand. as we walked into the gym I noticed how many people were already inside. It seemed like the place was pretty popular, the place was basically packed.

I gripped onto ryders hand tighter not liking how many people there were. He squeezed my hand and started to rub his thumb on my skin. It was soothing and caused me to relax a little bit but I was still on edge.

the guys didn't head over to the machines like I thought they would, instead they headed straight for the back of the building where there was a bunch of doors. we walked all the way down till we get to the last one door right in front of us.

when we walked in, the room was pretty big. The floor of the room was matted, with mirrors lined against the wall straight ahead, with some gym equipment such as weights. in one corner there was a punching bag and along the back of the room were some workout machines. there was a lat pul-down bar, a rowing machine, a bench press machine, a treadmill, and others that I didn't know the name of.