Chapter 48

(3893 words)

Ryders pov:

I wasn't sure how many days had passed, but it felt like weeks. Every day felt long and empty. I could barely sleep. I couldn't even stomach my grandmother's cooking, and I love her food, everybody does.

Even school felt wrong. Teachers continued to give me sympathetic looks during class. I even tried paying attention to get her off my mind by taking notes like she did. I thought maybe when she came back she could catch up using my notes but it only reminded me of her. The way her writing was sometimes neat while other times she had to make it messy just to keep up with the teacher. Every time I thought about her I had to swallow this giant lump in my throat to keep myself from crying.

Word had spread like wildfire that Bella was officially reported missing. Most people stayed away from me not wanting to cause me to blow up. The truth was I felt like screaming. I felt like crying my heart out. God, I sound like a girl but I didn't care. I need her to be here, I need her to be safe, it's like doing anything without her felt pointless.

My grandma had tried to get me to talk about her, anything to do with her. I just couldn't, unless it was about her case. I didn't want to talk about her because every single time that stupid lump would form in my throat. I had broken down already in her arms before. I was able to pick myself up and keep living but the next time I did break down I don't think i would be able to get back up.

——

My Uncle, Detective Miller, and Detective Brown along with two police officers and the principal walk into the cafeteria.

The whole cafeteria had quieted down to low whispers as everyone watched what was going on, "Why are they here?" Bobby asked. I shrugged and stood up from the table to get a better look confused.

"Are you Molly Rose Bennett?" Detective Miller asked.

"Yes,"

"Can you please come with us?-"

"I'm a miner,"

"Your parents will be meeting us at the station," Detective Miller continued, "Along with your family lawyer,"

At this point, the whole cafeteria has gone completely quiet.

"What makes you think I'll go with you?" She snottily implied.

"It's either you comply and come with us willingly, or we drag you out of here in cuffs," Detective Brown stated holding up a pair of silver cuffs having enough of the girl already. I honestly didn't blame him she is a bitch.

"Do you know who my father is?" She asked as she stood up glaring at the Detectives. Detective Brown rolled his eyes at that comment but didn't seem at all bothered, "I can have you fired for this,"

"Little girl," my uncle said, "I'd like to see you try," they began leading her out of the cafeteria causing the whole place to erupt.

"Holy shit," Bobby exclaimed.

The principal had stopped anyone from leaving the cafeteria. She gave a short speech on some nonsense which I doubt anyone listened, seeing as I didn't. Plus everyone was to busy chatting about what had just occurred. I was just shocked and confused.

Why did they come in and take Molly away? Was she connected to Bella's kidnapped? I knew she was a bully, she always had been. Yet for her to go this far even seemed a little far-fetched. The girl worried more about her looks than anything else. That and she doesn't seem like she has the brains to do anything.

But I guess looks could be deceiving.

---- 

I glared at her through the one-way mirror of the interrogation room. Every fiber of my being was heating up in rage. My back was tense, arms crossed over my chest glaring daggers at the unsuspected teenager as if knives would shoot out of my eyes and kill her right on the spot. Man, I wish.