Chapter 15

(2847 words)

I woke up to the doorbell being rung multiple times. I groaned and looked over at the clock and noticed that it was 11:30 in the morning. I laid back down hoping whoever was at the door would leave. But then I remembered what happened last night and I jumped out of bed almost falling in the process but I composed myself and grabbed the metal bat that was in my closet and opened my door carefully I stepped out and walked down the stairs.

I look in the living room and notice that the fluffy blanket was folded on the couch meaning my dad had already left. I walked over to the door and opened the door slowly and saw Brian standing there making me relax somewhat. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and opened the door wider.

"What's with the bat?" my eyes widened and I looked down at the metal bat and then back to Brian, "I umm forgot you were coming," I said honestly. I can't believe I forgot that he was picking me up.

"Umm come in I have to get ready real quick, just make yourself at home," I said as I moved over so he could get in, he walked into the house and I closed the door behind him and walked in after him.

"I shouldn't be longer than 10 minutes," I said, "Bella take your time, we just want you to talk to him," Brian said as he sat down on the couch, I nodded and ran up the stairs. I quickly changed into a shirt and sweatpants. I quickly walked into the bathroom and fixed myself up and brushed my teeth. I remembered the mirror making me looked around once again but then I shook my head and grabbed Ryder's hoodie that was on my bed and my phone and walked down the stairs.

We left my house and I made sure that my door was locked and we walked down to brian's house. We got in Brian's car and he started driving.

"I know your probably confused since I didn't tell you much but Ryder needs you right now," he explained, "Ryder isn't one to speak about his emotions or his personal life. He doesn't like to talk in general, but when he met you he changed almost." brian looked over at me when we stopped at a red light.

"You became someone important to him. Very important that he introduced you to his grandparents, and you should know he never does anything like that. He wouldn't even let us meet his grandparents until we were best friends for 3 years," he said as he continued driving.

"I know that you guys got into a fight, a big one. But Ryder doesn't fight with the people that are important to him if he didn't think they were worth fighting for," I nodded digesting all of the new information I was learning about Ryder.

"Ryder needs you right now since the fight that you guys had he's been a wreck. He barely eats and gets little to no sleep. He blames himself for pushing you away. We tried to tell him that it wasn't his fault and that you guys just needed space but he would get angry and would block us out. I know he would listen to whatever you have to say," he said as we pulled into a parking space outside an apartment building.

It had two doors on the top floor and two doors on the bottom floor. I got out and closed the door behind me and waited for Brian to come to my side. When he did I followed him up the stairs to the top floor, "just don't freak out on him, his anger has been through the roof since you guys last talked,"

When we stopped at a door brian took out a key and then opened it. I was hit by the smell of alcohol, there were beer bottles littered all over the floor. I walked in and Brian followed shutting the door behind him, "he should be in his room down the hallway, first door to your right. He's probably passed out," Brian said as he grabbed a couple of bottles.

I walked around the bottles and down the hallway. When I got to the first door on the right I carefully opened the door trying not to make to much noise. I opened the door fully and there was Ryder passed out on his bed. The covers weren't even over him and he was only wearing basketball shorts.