Chapter 34

(3175 words) 

Amelia was on her way over for our girl's day. we had decided to stay inside the whole day and watch movies. we thought about maybe going to visit the guys who were at Brian's house as we speak. however, Ryder was currently in the bathroom getting ready for the day. he didn't get a lot of sleep last night, from what I could conclude from waking up this morning noticing the dark bags underneath his eyes.

I stirred awake snuggling closer to the warmth that was underneath me. I groaned and opened my eyes blinking away the sleep. after a couple of minutes, I felt more awake. I turned my head resting my chin on Ryder's chest and looked at him expecting him to still be sleeping, but he wasn't.

I gasped as I saw his eyes wide open, only to frown when I noticed the dark bags underneath his eyes. he smiled at me softly, "good morning baby," he said smoothly his voice normal and not husky like it usually is in the morning. it only caused me to worry more, how much sleep did he get?

I took notice of how he was holding me. I was laying on top of him, our chests pressed together. one of his arms was wrapped around my waist while his free hand was playing with my hair. I blushed realizing the position we were in.

"good morning Ryder," I spoke, "did you get any sleep last night?" I asked worriedly. he sighed rubbing the back of my head, "no," he spoke truthfully. I wanted to ask him what was wrong but judging by how tired he looked, it didn't seem like the right time to talk about it. however, I would ask him if he would like to talk about it, just in case.

I rolled off of him and rested my back against the headboard. I made sure I was comfortable before I beckoned him to come closer to me. he raised an eyebrow in question causing a soft smile to settle on my lips from how cute he looked, of course, I wasn't going to tell him that because he would deny it.

"come here," I said softly. he sighed and crawled over to me, he settled himself between my legs laying his head on my chest. I started to rub his back with one hand and my other hand went to his hair playing with his dark brown locks. he sighed contently and snuggled closer to me relaxing in my hold.

"do you wanna talk about it?" I asked softly not wanting to pry. it was quiet for a couple of seconds, "not right now," he spoke gently tiredness seeping into his voice. "okay," I whispered as I continued to play with his hair and rub his back. not even five minutes later his breathing even out meaning he had fallen asleep.

I didn't stop playing with his hair and rubbing his back, I always noticed how relaxed he became when I did it and I wanted him to be relaxed for as long as he could. I only hope that after Amelia and I end our girl's day that he would tell me what was wrong.

I broke out of my thoughts when I heard Ryder walking down the stairs. he walked into the kitchen, wearing black sweatpants and a dark blue hoodie. his hair was messily done in the way it usually was and the bags under his eyes were slightly better than they were when I first saw them this morning.

I smiled at him as I handed him a plate with two pieces of toast and two sunny side eggs, "thanks baby," he said kissing my forehead and sat down at the table.

"do you want something to drink?" he looked over at me, "waters fine," he said as he offered a small smile. I smiled back and grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and sat down at the table placing the bottle down in front of him.

Ryder quickly finished his food and drank the whole bottle of water, all within fifteen minutes. he cleaned up his plate and fork and sat back down at the table.

"what are you and Amelia doing today?"

"Amelia and I decided that we would stay in unless we wanted to go out for lunch, however, the only place we would go would be mama's kitchen. other than that we agreed on movies, junk food, and face masks," we didn't know what we wanted to do so we just threw in ideas. Amelia had said face masks would be fun and she had some that she hasn't used yet. she said we didn't have to do them if we didn't want to but that she would bring them just in case.