Chapter 11

(2071 words)

"Are you going to tell her?" Bobby asked, I had just woken up but was too tired to open my eyes. It felt wrong listening to the conversation but something inside of me was telling me to continue eavesdropping.

"No," he said demandingly, "she could never know. She's terrified of violence, how do you think she will react?

"Your right but if you tell her why-"

"No the answer is fucking no I'm not going to tell her about it and neither are you," Ryder angrily cut off Brian.

What didn't he want me to know about?

I felt Ryder's grip on me tighten. He was angry and I didn't want him to lash out. I stirred a little bit rubbing my nose against his neck and I felt him relax. I felt Ryder's hand start to play with my hair making a content sigh leave my lips.

"She has a right to know Ryder don't you think?" Ace said, "I mean you're practically living with her now shes going to notice that something is wrong if you come home with-"

"I'm not telling her, just shut the fuck up about it," he hissed out.

Whatever they are talking about its aggravating Ryder and for some reason I wanted to leave it alone. I don't want to push Ryder into telling me things he wasn't ready to share with me. Although there a little part of me that is dying to know. I want to respect Ryders wishes.

I thought now would be a good time to wake up so I stirred a little in Ryders hold. I lifted my head and looked at him. his eyes seemed to soften and his hair looked like he had run his hands through it a couple of times. 

Ryder reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, I gave him a small smile in thanks. "Were gonna head out to lunch Bella, we were thinking burgers," Ryder said

Ryder helped me up off of his lap which made me blush, "umm sure but can we stop at my house so I can grab some money?" I don't want Ryder or the guys to have to pay for my food, it just didn't feel right to me.

"I'll pay for you,"

"But it doesn't feel right to let you pay," I spoke honestly. I found that whenever I lie, Ryder seems to catch it and won't let it slide until I tell him the truth.

Ryder gave me a small smile, "I don't mind Bella,"

I just nodded knowing I wouldn't win this. we got into Brains car and headed out to where ever they were taking me. After about 25 minutes we reached a diner called Mamas Kitchen. It was cute looking.

When we got inside Ryder grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers together. I was confused on why he did it but when I looked up at him, he looked like he was on guard and was scanning the place as if looking to see if there was any danger near. That only increased my curiosity but I didn't say anything and just let him do what he wanted. 

I turned my gaze away from him to look around the diner, it was packed for the most part but wasn't crowded. Brian was currently talking to the lady who will be giving us a table. We followed her to a booth in the back. As Ryder and I went to sit down I noticed how she was checking him out. She gave us our menus and then left.

After a couple of minutes, our waiter showed up. She had red hair and her face was caked with makeup. The buttons on her shirt were opened having her boobs on display. "Hello, my name is Kate and ill be your waiter this afternoon. Can I get you a drink to start with,"

Bobby got a coke, Ace got dr. pepper, Brian got water and I did as well, "what can I get you hot stuff," Kate asked, Ryder. I felt Ryder's hand squeeze mine, "water," he said not even looking at her.