Chapter 16

(3050 words) 

Ryder wouldn't let me leave his side. Every time I shifted he would tighten his hold on me causing me to kiss his forehead. After half an hour goes by my legs were starting to hurt from the position I was in, but I didn't want to let him go.

I let out a sigh and rested my head on top of ryders. His hair seemed greasy which made me wonder if he had showered at all this week, "Ryder?' I spoke softly. He hummed, "why don't you get in the shower and freshen up a bit?" I asked but he groaned.

"I don't want you to leave," he said rubbing his nose against my neck causing me to shiver and a blush crawled up my cheeks, "I won't leave I promise," Ryder was quiet for a couple of seconds but then sighed and released his hold on me. I stepped away from him and stretched.

I down at Ryder noticing his red eyes and tear-stained cheeks. I reached out and wiped his tears away with my thumbs erasing all traces of his sadness. He smiled up at me softly as a sign of thanks and stood up.

He walked over to his closet and grabbed a shirt and shorts and then walked over to his drawer and grabbed underwear and shorts. He looked back at me making me frown. He looked conflicted, "what's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"Can you stay in here?" he asked hesitantly. I gave him a soft smile and nodded, "of course ill wait right on your bed okay?" I said as I sat down. Ryder seemed content with my answer and nodded. He went into the bathroom closing the door behind him and shortly after that I heard the shower running.

After a couple of minutes, I heard the front door open causing me to stiffen. But I relaxed as I saw brian enter Ryder's room, "Is everything okay?" he asked as he saw me sitting down on Ryder's bed.

"Yeah Ryder didn't want me to leave, im sorry I had you waiting in your car for so long," I said apologetically. But brian shook his head, "don't worry about it, I have to go but im gonna come back later with the guys and food I was thinking Chinese, any requests?" he asked

"Beef lo mein with no vegies please," I said like a kid on Christmas causing him to laugh," okay see ya later," he said walking out of the room and out of the apartment.

Shortly after I heard the shower turn off meaning Ryder was done with his shower. After a couple of minutes, the door to the bathroom opened and Ryder came out dressed and drying his hair with a towel.

He smiled softly at me and then turned to the corner where the pile of clothes was, which caused him to frown, I stood up, "this one is dirt and the other is clean," I said pointing at the piles. Ryder looked down at me, "you didn't have to do that Bella," he said placing the towel down in the dirty pile, "but thank you," he cupped my face and kissed my forehead making me smile.

He pulled away from me and looked at the piles, "I should probably deal with this first, why don't you go into the living room and relax," Ryder said, "why don't I help you so that it goes by faster?" I asked.

"It's not your problem Bella, go relax," he said, but I wasn't going to let him do it all by himself, "im not going to let you do it by yourself," I said crossing my arms over my chest. Ryder seemed hesitant but soon nodded causing me to smile and kiss his cheek, "okay let's get this sorted out," I said going over to one of the piles.

Ryder and I were able to get everything done within an hour and then we decided to relax on the couch. We have been relaxing on the couch now for 2 hours when the doorbell rang. Ryder's head was in my lap and he was watching the tv as I played with his hair. Ryder groaned but never got up to answer the door.

"Are you gonna get that?" I asked as I stopped playing with his hair. Ryder groaned and his face into my lower stomach, "it's probably the guys, they have a key anyway," he said as he looked up at me. I frowned, "what if they need help and cant open the door?"