Chapter 46

(3931 words)

Bellas pov

"... can't leave," a burning pain sprung from my head as I became conscious. I groaned due to the pulse-like throbbing. I blinked rapidly, trying to eliminate the blurriness surrounding my vision as I looked around at my surroundings. However there wasn't anything to see, it was pitch black.

I tried to rub my eyes but something prevented me from doing that. My hands were bound together over my head. It felt like frostbite against my skin. Every time I moved I could hear the metal moving. It finally clicked what it was, they were chains.

Suddenly the door opens and light shines into the room. I was blinded for a couple of seconds but I shortly got my vision back. I forced my eyes to stay open although my eyes were burning from how bright it was. The door was white but chipped over with age. The room was surrounded by cement walls including the floor. Out of my peripheral vision, a table sat in the corner of the room but I couldn't really see what was on top of it, I could tell it was something shiny, it reminded me of the cage that I was stuck in when I was kidnapped the first time.

"You've been gone a while dove," a terrifying chill ran down my spine at the sound of his voice. He stood there in all-black clothing, even his hands were covered by black gloves and he had a sick twisted smile on his face.

"I think it's time that I taught you a lesson. You know, jog back your memory," he slowly closed the door behind him the room once again filling with darkness. I blinked repeatedly hoping, praying that I could see in the dark once more, to see when he would strike but I couldn't. I was completely blind in the darkness.

I tried to even out my breathing to keep myself from panicking but it was impossible when I was utterly drowning in fear. I heard his footsteps as they grew closer. 

I couldn't move. 

I felt like my lungs were restricting me of air as my whole body seized up in terror.

"I promised I would get you back and I have," I held back a flinch as his fingers touched my cheek. I bit down so hard on my lip that I drew blood—the taste of metallic on my tongue. I begged myself to move away from him but I didn't, I couldn't. I was too scared to move. Tears fell down my cheeks.

"Your mine now my dove," his breath brushing against my cheek, "All mine,"

His hand grabbed onto my face his fingernails digging into my skin, "Welcome home my dove,"

No this wasn't my home, I wanna go to my real home, I want Ryder.

Ryders pov:

The detectives had split from us to listen to the recording. Detective Miller had her in the interrogation room gathering information from her about the call. We weren't allowed to listen to it, there was something about it being confidential to the investigation. Which I thought was a load of shit.

Brian, Bobby, Ace, and I stayed near their desks. It's been a good half hour since they went back and I was losing my patients, "How fucking long could a tape be?" I complained.

"They need to gather as much information as they can on that tape," Ace explained, "And that could take time,"

"Yeah they gotta do all that techy stuff, see if they can hear anything in the background," Bobby said spinning on my uncle's chair. I wondered how he wasn't getting sick from that, "How would you know that?" I asked confused.

Bobby slowly stopped the chair and pointed to the empty desk next to me, "Have you not learned anything from the shows we watch?" he asked. Brian shook his head and faced Bobby to where I was, "Oh Thanks bro," he then again pointed the wrong way, "Criminal Minds, Bones, Castle, I mean every police-involved show,"