Chapter 38

(5306 words) 

Bella's Pov

"I just don't get it," I said going through my closet, "Ryder never just leaves out of the blue like that without saying anything. I mean I know we weren't agreeing with a couple of things, but that doesn't seem like a good reason to not tell me where he is," 

Bobby had met me outside my personal finance class letting me know that Amelia and him were going to be keeping me company for a while. so here Amelia and I were upstairs in my room trying to come up with a last-minute Halloween costume out of whatever clothes I have, while Bobby invaded my kitchen cabinets.

"well maybe he didn't want you to go after him. he might just want some time to think," Amelia reasoned as she watched me go through my closet. Amelia did have a point though, Ryder was rather angry before I walked away from him.

I sighed as I couldn't find anything. I mostly had sweatshirts and sweaters. I rarely bought anything revealing. I pulled my hair back into a messy bun as I tried to think about what I could wear. then it hit me Jenny my cousin had bought me some clothes for my birthday and Christmas that were slightly revealing. I had stored all of them in the back of my closet and some in a box. however, they were in my other room. the one that was bugged.

I took a deep breath and let it out. I have to face that room at one point. I walked out of the room and over to my old one with Amelia close behind. I opened the door taking in the room, it hadn't changed since I moved my things into the other room.

I walked over to my closet and pulled out everything that was still hanging up putting them on my bed. going through everything that I could think of that could make a costume I found that I had a couple of options. stitch the onesie, sandy from grease, Wednesday from the Addams family, a boxer, a goddess, a devil, Elena from vampire diaries, and an angel.

I stared at all my options wondering which one I should do.

"you know I've heard there's a party going on tomorrow night around where I live, do you wanna go?" Amelia asked as she was laying on my bed scrolling through her phone.

"a party? I've never been to a high school party before," Amelia shot up and looked at me shocked, "what do you mean you've never been to a high school party, I've at least been to two in my life with my cousin but really?"

I nodded my head, "well we definitely need to go now," she stood up and looked at my options, "hmm, I think you should wear the stitch onesie for school, and then you can be a goddess at the party. both aren't revealing and should be comfortable to wear, I have something for your goddess costume that you could use. so what do you say?" she asked.

I was hesitant, "I'm not sure. Won't Bobby and Ryder be upset with us?"

Amelia sighed, "you're right, but that's why we aren't going to tell them. we would only go for about an hour and then I heard that the boys were going to have a movie night of all Halloween movies. plus don't you think Ryder is being way too controlling?"

I bit my lip thinking, "I mean I wouldn't call it controlling, just protective," I said looking at the clothes.

"yeah very, very overprotective," Amelia picked up a white dress, "I think this dress would be good for your goddess costume for the party," Amelia said holding the dress up to my body. I smiled and nodded at her agreeing. I put away everything else, leaving out the dress I'm going to be wearing tomorrow night.

"do you want me to take the dress with me for tomorrow?" Amelia asked.

"if you don't mind," I said and she shook her head. I gave the dress to her on a hanger and she was off. I honestly couldn't wait for the party, however, I was conflicted with lying not only to Bobby who had become basically my brother but also my boyfriend Ryder.