4 | A Tale

****TAYLOR POV****

"Who was that?" Oli asked.
"Who was what?" I asked, not really wanting to talk about it.

"That girl with the orange hair." Oli said, his accent ringing through my ears.
"Just some girl who helped me with the guitar. I just wanted to give her the thanks."
"thanks? She looked pretty pissed at you mate." He said as we walked away from the park.

I shrugged, "I guess she didn't want my thanks." I lied. I don't know what was about this girl but something pulled me towards her. But why? Who knows; we're from two different worlds. She doesn't exactly look rich, she doesn't seem rude, she doesn't seem revengeful or with parents. Complete opposites I tell you.

"Well we better get back before mum and dad get pissed, yeah?" Oliver said getting into the Ferrari. I nodded and got into the driver's seat, driving away from park. 15 year old with a Ferrari? Yeah I know I seem like a dick, but I guess that's what I was going for?

I looked at the street as we drove. This is my new home from now on. All the country people... So rural. No more London. That's right, the good old England. I lived there for ten years, basically studying the whole time but having some fun as well. My parents were never home so I wandered the streets. That's how I found Oli. I was about eight at the time.

••••••••••••••••••••••
FLASHBACK
••••••••••••••••••••••

****3rd person POV****

"We'll be back in a few hours. Behave understand? Mrs.Rayman will be here if you need anything as always." Taylor's mother said. Taylor, a small child nodded, really only because he had to. Mrs. and Mr. York walked out the door and closed it.

Taylor smirked to himself as he got up from the couch, silently walking as fast as his little feet would carry him to Mrs.Rayman's guest room.

He peeked through the crack at the door and smiled; as expected she was fast asleep.

Taylor walked away and went to his room, grabbing his house key and walking downstairs.
"Good-bye Mrs.Rayman. Sleep tight and don't wake up until I come back!" Taylor whispered giggling and closing the door.

Taylor jumped down the steeps of their front porch and grabbed a near by stick. He walked around waving it as if it was a sword.
"Taylor THE Giant!" Taylor said naming himself. He did a few spins and kept walking the streets of London. Happy couples were everywhere, children playing in the streets. Taylor didn't dare go near any children. He didn't like communicating and was quite shy, un-confident.

"Watch where you're going boy!" Said another boy to the curly head. "Sorry.." Taylor muttered to the kid he'd just ran into. It made him look up though, and taylor realized he was lost.
"Crud.." He mumbled to himself. Looking around.

The sky thundered as it turned from sunny to dark. Rain poured down as Taylor dropped the stick and ran any direction he had came from. Finally, he found an alley way with a small ceiling, protection from the rain. However, it looked as if someone else had already taken the spot.

Taylor walked slowly over and say a street boy. Homeless. Those were common here and it made taylor sick to his stomach to know homeless people were a few blocks away from his mansion. He wished they could all live with him so they wouldn't suffer.

"Erm... May I sit with you?" Young taylor spoke to the boy messing around with the dirt.

The boy looked up, he had striking green eyes and wavy long hair.

" 'Course!" the boy chimed.
"Th-thanks." Taylor said sitting down.
The green eyed boy tilted his head to the side as he faced taylor, "what's your name?" He asked.
"Taylor... Yours?" He asked, not being rude and shy as usual.
"Oliver. Sykes. They call me sykes because a joke around a lot." Oliver said.
"Really?" Taylor asked.
"NOPE! PHSYCH!" Oliver chanted laughing.
Taylor laughed as well, "I think that name fits you."
"Yeah but just call me Oli, yeah? What's your last name?" He asked.
"York."
Oli smirk and leaned against the dirty alley wall.
"Ah. You're one of the Yorks. Rich kid aye? Cmon your last name is based off of the biggest city in the states!" He chuckled.

"Howd you know I was rich?" Taylor asked. The boy Oli held in a laugh as he said.
"Well ev'rybody knows the Yorks here. They're one of the most rich people in town."
"Oh.." Taylor frowned. He didn't want to be known just out of richness.

After a while the boys really hit it off. They both loved the same things, though they had experienced them in different ways of course. Taylor learned that Oli had no food, parents, home, or money.

Finally the rain stopped.
"Well... Uhm.. I have to go now.. My parents'll be mad. I'll come by tomorrow ok?" Taylor reassure his new friend.
"Sure! We can play together!" Oli suggested.
Taylor nodded but really had other plans that night.
He wanted to help Oli.

Everyday for about a month, young taylor would bring food and a few pairs of his own clothing from home, in secret however, he didn't think his parents would approve of giving stuff away. Til one day, taylor finally decided to man up (or boy up?) and tell them about Oli.
At first, his father had a frustrated look.
'Now we'll have to buy a whole lot of more clothes for taylor again' he thought. His mother didnt react at first, it was impossible to tell whether she was angry at taylor for sneaking around the street of London.

Finally, after being lectured, Taylor asked.
"May oliver stay with us father?"
"Taylor. Oliver is a boy, we can't just take him away from his parents." His father said.
"Well his parents sure aren't taking him either!" Taylor said a bit more angered.
"Most boys want puppies and toys... You want a human being son?" Her mother asked her son, concerned.
"No! I want him to live!
father he'll die without me. he's homeless, food less!" Taylor insisted. Taylor had never cared about anything else as much as this.

"I'll think about it." His father said wrapping an arm around his wife.
They thought about it for a week until finally Oli moved in. The entire family instantly fell in love with the little boy. They kept him, adopted him. They added his middle name 'York' as an official member. Though everyone just let his last name be 'Sykes' since that's what he wanted. Justin, Taylor's older brother, was uncomfortable with this in the beginning. Soon, he grew fond of Oli and there, the now three brothers, lived for ten years. Until a change of plans happened...

••••••••••••••••••••
END OF FLASHBACK
••••••••••••••••••••

****HAYLEY POV****
That jerk! I can't... Why do I feel like I'm not angry at him? I should be! After all he's showed up out of nowhere, having bad manners and annoying my life! I should be mad, but I'm not, somehow Im glad he keeps showing up.

It was finally morning, and I felt like shit. I did sleep on the dirt ground however, but it's not like I haven't before. Oh yes, I've ran away countless times. I guess that why dad didn't bother chasing me. Today... What day is it? Monday... No work, good. I'll go over to Jeremy's now. I dialed his phone as I picked up my backpack and bike.

"Hello?" Jeremy picked up.

H:"hey! Uhm... I have some free time so wanna hang?"
J:"yeah, but Jack, Alex and Lynn are over so you need to come over here."
H:"I was planning on it anyways!"
J:"good! Cmon we're about to go to our place."
Our place, it's the usual place out in the forest, where we usually hang out. all of us.
I guess the other guys weren't coming. They all say they're too busy during the summer so most of the summertime it's just us five plus Brian and Alex B.

The rest of the gang we'll see once school comes back. School... It'll start in a couple weeks. I wonder if that guy will be in my school. I wonder if he's older than me; he looks like it.

I got out my Polaroid out of my backpack and and took a picture of the tree. I shook the picture to dry it before opening a sharpie with my teeth and writing down the date.
' Taylor Unknown last name // met today at 7/17.'

Once the sharpie dried I put it into the pocket I usually put my photos in and Polaroid and got on my bike pedaling away towards 'The Place' we really needed to make a name for it soon.
I liked summer, I got to explore all kinds of places and capture all types of memories with my cameras. This was one I felt like I needed to remember.