21 | Contract?

*****HAYLEY'S POV*****

Over the past month Taylor, Jeremy and I have been inseparable. Of course only until our couple time gets in the way and Jeremy goes with Kat while Taylor and I stay alone. Everyone now in the entire school knows Taylor and I are dating. Not that it's any of their business but it feels nice to know Taylor isn't completely ashamed of me.

Everyones really supportive of us as a couple even though we're complete opposites. Other than that everything's normal.. Oh yeah, except for the fact Lynn has a crush on Jenna. They'd make a great couple to be completely honest. But nah, Lynn's too shy to tell her yet and I've been planning on how to get them together.

"We'll play it over again! C'mon it's really coming together." Jeremy said as Taylor messed with audio on the computer.

I sighed and rolled around in the chair with wheels.

Jenna, Lynn, Brian, Alex, Josh, and Jack all wanted to come by and check out the four songs we'd recorded. I didn't object of course, though I was a bit shy about it. This would be the first time they'd ever hear me sing. I mean really sing. I checked the time. They're not here yet. It was a Saturday afternoon. They should be here by now.

"What do you think Hayley?" Jeremy said turning towards me. I sat up and stopped rolling around.

"Huh?- about what?"

He rolled his eyes at me and chuckled,
"Well Taylor said these songs are enough for an EP. You recorded the vocals, I recorded the bass, Taylor recorded guitar and drums... It's like we're a band don't you think?"

I bit my lip and shrugged, "what are you getting at?"

Taylor smiled as he turned towards me, "As much as I've loved playing music with my brother and Oli being our sound guy and manager, I think us being a band... Fits."

Fits. Huh. I never thought about being in a band. Not until now, and it sounds quite wonderful. There's a lot of responsibility and risk with this however.

"Yeah I guess so. Look, I know you guys say I'm a great singer and all but honestly I'm not the best, we don't even have a drummer or money at that-"

"Uhm Hayles I have money?" Taylor raised his eyebrow.

"Right, scratch that. So as I was saying-"

"And you are a really good singer. Don't say you're not Hayles." Jeremy frowned as he interrupted me again.

I rolled my eyes and was about to speak again but was yet again interrupted by Jack hollering downstairs.

"We're here! Where are you guys?!" I heard him yell. Along with his scream I heard a few voices, it must be everyone.

I got up from the chair and leaned over the upstairs railing, looking down at them as they looked up and the high ceilings and chandeliers.

"Up here!" I waved them over as Alex and Jenna raced upstairs. Everyone else walked up behind them.

Jenna almost tackled me with a hug. Everyone was upstairs now. I saw Lynn shift uncomfortably and go into the recording room. Jenna and I separated as everyone else greeter me with a brief hug.

"Gee miss me much Jen Jen?" I laughed.

"DUH! Haven't seen you in a while."
"You see me everyday in class."

"Yeah but I mean you haven't showed up to our bonfire meeting like always since you've been busy with Taylor and Jeremy. Oh! That reminds me I have to tackle them too." She smirked and walked into the recording room.