24 | Convince

***** HAYLEYS POV *****

"I... I honestly don't know what to say T." I smiled. My mouth was starting to hurt from my wide grin.

"You don't have to say anything. How about we open it up and play something huh?" Taylor asked anxiously.

I smile and nodded.

Tay helped us carry it towards the music room with the built in studio. Once it was down we opened it and set it up.

"You ready?" Taylor smiled and plugged it in.

The controls lit up and I tapped a single key. It making a note. I looked up towards Taylor.

"I don't know how to play." I said chuckling a bit.

"I do!" Tay smiled and grabbed a hold of my hand turning me back to the keyboard.

"It's really easy. Really the only difficult thing is moving your hands in sync." She said as she sat down and made me sit beside her.

Taylor just smiled at us.

"By the way where did everyone go?" He asked taking off his Jacket.

"They all went home." I simply responded. They looked for Taylor all around the woods and such but we soon gave up and decided he'd come back home. I stayed behind to wait like I once did before.

After that he nodded and exited the room. For the rest of the evening I watched Tay play as she gave me a few pointers on how to begin playing keyboard. It was great but we soon grew tired and Tay left. She was really nice and I was a bit upset Jack never mentioned her, but Tay seemed to be fine with that for some reason.

"Hey." I said hopping over the ouch and beside Taylor. He smiled and leant down kissing me.

"How was Tay with the practice and stuff?" He asked wrapping an arm around me.

"She was great. Really nice person! I don't see why Jack hasn't mentioned her before. I saw her at that party we went to because Jack went with her but I thought they were just friends."

Taylor nodded and ate some crackers. I finally got up and said my goodbyes. I haven't been home in a while.

Taylor drove me there.

-

"Hey Hayles." My father greeted as I came through the door. Wow, he was actually home for once.

"Hi." I smiled and hugged him.

"Have a nice time with Taylor and your friends? " He raised an eyebrow.

"Of course!" I smiled and continued with our small talk. Tomorrow I'll have to go into work but I'm ok with that. Winter break is starting soon anyways.

I finally fell asleep in my bed for once and woke up in my own house.

Stretching I got out and put on some clothes. It was time to work and I can honestly say I didn't really mind. I loved that job with a passion. Mr.Green was always so kind to me and would let me stay after closing time to mess around with the instruments. I wouldn't ever break anything and he trusted me not to. It was a nice relationship.

Soon I arrived in my bike. I was wrapped around in layers from the cold and I could see my breath coming out of my nostrils. Yeah, it was fucking cold.

Entering the small bell rang above me. Mr.Green was seated behind the counter.

"Ah Hayley! Glad to see you're back." He stood up and headed to his office, leaving me alone to take care of the few customers in there.