8 | The Space Between pt.2

****TAYLOR POV****

It's all so weird. I was more than flattered to have this beautiful girl come to a ball with me. My parents had actually arranged a date for me but i declined; I wanted to bring hayley. Of course, I wouldn't let her know that. I'm not too sure I want her to see my soft side, or really the actual me just yet.

"Ok well.. We're gonna go look around for a bit dad." I said smiling down at Hayley as she let go of my dads hand.
My parents nodded, "have fun."

"Cmon I have something to show you. I'm sure you'll like it." I winked at Hayley as she rolled her eyes at me, but I could see the corner of her mouth go up into a grin slightly. I loved when she did that.
She followed me upstairs, holding onto my hand to get through the people without losing each other.
I pushed past a few more people while they bombarded me with more questions. I never did like being the center of attention.

We finally made it to the room I wanted to show her. It was at the end of the hallway.
"This way m'lady." I smirked opening the door and letting her walk in first.
She gasped as she looked around at my home studio. Guitars and basses were hung on the walls, along with a few paintings. Another stack of guitars was to the right. Then there was an entire isolated section, separated by soundproof glass and wood. You could enter through a door at the side. There was a drum set in there along with a couple Mics. In front and outside of the isolated area was a whole rack of recording nobs and such. Like the type the professionals use. Here I've been writing songs and lately.. I've needed a little help.

"What do you think?" I smiled as Hayley had a wide grin on her face.
"It's amazing! How'd you get this?!" She said looking around at the walls with guitars.
"I'm rich remember?" I chuckled. She sighed and laughed.

"Right... Well.. thanks for showing me." Hayley said turning to me.
"Where to now Romeo?" She said.
I raised my eyebrow, took her shoulders and turned her around to look at the recording studio that was in front of her.

"What? You want to leave this place?! Cmon I thought we could fool around in here while everyone's downstairs being boring old people." I laughed as she shook her shoulders out of my grip.

She turned to look at me, "fool around?"

"With music, I mean." I said.

She nodded. "Ok. But what makes you think I like music? Or would even like to try to make music?"

"You have good music taste." I said with a simple shrug.
"That doesn't mean anything." She said. I chuckled and shook my head, "I don't care really."

I took my Jazzmaster from the wall, the one I bought from the record store Hayley works at.
I smirked and walked over to her, dragging two small chairs with me and putting them beside the recording system. I plugged my guitar up and turned on my Marshall 2000 JCM head. Once it was all ready I asked hayley to sit across from me on the other small stool.
She did and I messed around with the guitar tones.

"Can you play?" I asked.
She nodded, "Barely, my dad taught me. I can play bass better though. My friend Jeremy jams out sometimes." She smiled a little as I started playing a little melody I'd been working on for a while now.

"I like it." She said looking at how my fingers moved about the guitar neck.
"Well if you know how to play bass, feel free to grab it gurl." I told her. She smiled and stood walking towards a fender custom bass. Good choice.

She plugged it into the amp.
"Now what?" She asked.
"Just play." I smiled. She returned the smile and messed around with it more and I played my guitar.

Soon we were in sync, making a small melody. She stopped playing after a while though, breaking that special bond we had with music fade away. I missed it as soon as it was gone. I felt at home with it being there, it didn't sound right me playing by myself.. Because well.. I was by myself.

"What's wrong?" I asked once she put the bass back.
She shrugged and fixed her dress from the baas sitting on it.

"Nothing... That was nice." She said giving me a weak smile.
I could tell something was wrong but I didn't want to push it. She looked like she needed space; I've only known her for a couple weeks.

"Ok.. Well would you like to go home?" I asked.
She shook her head and shrugged, "only if you want me to."
"I don't." I said more quickly than I meant to.
She smiled slightly.

"It's just... Weird."
I raised my eyebrow at her while switching off everything.
"What's weird?" I questioned.

"That little moment we had with music. We were like one. So in sync. I just find it weird that we're able to do that when we barely know each other. I can only do that with... " She trailed off biting her lip.
I waiting for her to continue but she never did.

"Well it was nice wasn't it?" I asked.
She nodded and looked down at the bass, then back up at me.

"We should do it again." I blurted out. Shit. I didn't want her to think I actually wanted to spend time with her.. Which I do but I don't want to seek desperate. I think the bad boy card had been working well.

"Sure." She said agreeing but not pushing it to a specific time.

We stayed silent for a moment,
"Do you want to go downstairs?" I questioned.
She shook her head
"Can we just chill here?" She asked. I nodded.

We sat down on the floor beside each other, leaning against a wall.

"Can I ask you something?" Hayley asked, startling me a little bit since she'd been quite for a long time.

"Sure."

"Who's Taylor York?" She asked. I almost laughed. How was I supposed to answer that? I'm just me.

"Taylor York is just a guy. Why do you ask?" I said.
She shrugged, "I meant as in a more personal way. What are your biggest fears, dreams, hopes. Whatever, Ya know?" She said.

"I know what you mean." I replied, "but I can't tell you just yet."
She chuckled a little, "same here."

"Darn I was just about to ask who was Hayley Williams." I smiled. She returned it.

"Well.. If you really want to know." She said standing up, "who Hayley Williams is.. Hang out with my friends and I."

I chuckled, "what good will that do?"
She shrugged, "if my friends like you, I'll tell you more about myself. Plus, I usually act like myself around my friends, you could do some research if you wanted to, York." She smirked.

"Whatever Williams. But ok. I'll take you up on that offer. When do I meet up with your friends?" I asked.

She smiled, "take me home."
We didn't say a word until we were inside the car.

"Sometime this weekend." Hayley said looking over at me as she drove.
"Huh?"
"The offer. You want to know me and my friends. This Saturday. Go to that lake behind your house at 6pm. We'll be there." She said.

I nodded, "sounds good." I winked.
She smiled as we stopped at her house, "glad you're coming around, thought your be a flirtatious dick head your entire life."

I laughed, "NICE one. I'm not a dick head. You don't know me yet either." I replied.
She got out of the car and tilted her head to the side

"Touché." She laughed and closed my car door, walking away.

Hayley Williams what are you doing to me?