12 | Tree

*****HAYLEY POV*****

"Hayley!" Josh ran to me and hugged me.
I smiled and hugged him back as Austin ran behind him and hugged both of us. Aaron came right behind them and engulf all of us in a hug. He was great with his blonde hair that he did over the summer. Him and jeremy are some of the best buds. He let go and said bye before he walked away with his girlfriend. Austin and Josh finally let go.

"Well hello Mr.Dun. Mr.Carlile." I said as they let go.

"Hey sunkiss." Josh said rubbing my orange sunkiss colored hair. I scrunched up my nose and slapped his hand away.

"Whatever." I said just as Jeremy came through the door.

Ah. The sweet smell of high school. Not. It's the first day and it's already smelling like ass in these hallways. Seriously I think someone just threw up down the other hall. I don't blame them.

"Welp. If you don't mind Im gonna go catch up with Jenna." Austin said holding his backpack and walking over to Jenna who was talking with lynn as always. I smiled as he walked away and Josh and I sat down on the floor near the band room. It was quite isolated from everyone and I loved it. New freshmen were coming in, but no way in hell are they going to take our place where we hang in the mornings.

"So how was summer without me?" Josh said as he tapped on his legs. He had a good beat going; this guy should be a drummer.
I took a deep breath,
"Pretty strange actually."

"Really?" Josh lifted his eyebrows smirking, "do tell me more." He said resting his chin on his hands and blinking repeatedly.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.
"Well... Someone new has been added to the gang." I said
"Oh yeah! Lynn wouldn't stop talking about him... Taylor! That's his name. Lynn doesn't really like him as much as jenna though. They've been spending too much time together she said. Oh and Apparently he ticks you off a lot?"

I nodded, "indeed he does."
"Because he liiikkkeeesss yooouuu." Josh said poking me.

"Hush. He doesn't."
"Mhmm.." Josh smirked.
"I found out someone who does though.." I said.

"Hey guys." Jeremy said sitting down with us, munching on some pop tarts.
"Sup jerm." Josh said and side hugged him since we were sitting.

"So who does like you Hayles?" Jeremy said.
"Ugh. You were eavesdropping?" I said.
"Yup." He smiled

Him and Josh laughed as I just sighed and but my lip. I didn't really want to tell them about it. Though honestly Josh and Jeremy were the closest friends I had aside from James...

"James likes me." I said quickly looking down. Both of the guys didn't seemed surprised at all.

"Finally you noticed!" Josh said.

I bet my face looked like a confused child right now. Did everyone know he liked me?

"Yeah I noticed. And not in a good way either. He kissed me." I sad crossing my arms.

"What? He would never do that!" Jeremy said throwing away his poptart wraps.

"Well he did. I guess that camp changed him a bit Huh?" I said.

The boys looked down and shrugged. I knew they felt sorry for him. I didn't however, it was his choice.

"Hey guys." The guy who I didn't want to speak to this moment came in.

"H-hey James." The guys said.
There was an awkward silence. I felt his eyes on me as if he was trying to see my reaction. But I didn't flinch, I didn't turn to look at him.