Chapter 8

I woke up to a movement on the bed next to me. I stirred awake and groaned. There was a loud thud then cursing in an Asgardian dialect. I opened one eye to look.

"Damn it! Who in Hel put that there?!" Loki whisper yelled and stumbled to get up.

I let out a quiet giggle. Apparently, not quiet enough, seeing as though Loki turned around to face me. "Are you okay?" I said quietly in between giggles.

"I'm fine." Loki informed.

"What were you doing?" I inquired.

"Well, I was trying to get up without waking you up but I tripped over the chair and faceplanted." Loki muttered softly.

"Hmm? What was that? I couldn't quite hear you. Did you just say that you, the God of Mischief, the litteral God of sneaking around, tripped over a chair while trying to be discrete?"

"Yes." He dropped his head and mumbled.

I laughed. Loki glared at me. "Sorry." I snickered.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"Like someone gave me drugged tea." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I've only known you for a week but in that week, I have learned that you are extremely stubborn and wouldn't go to sleep if I told you to." He remarked.

"Fair point."

"You should be fully healed now. So you don't have to stay in your Jotun form if you don't want to."

I nodded and concentrated. Slowly, my Jotun form flashed back into my Mortal persona.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"A little past 11:00 pm." Loki responded.

"What?! I was asleep for like 10 hours?!"

"I may have made your tea a little too strong." He admitted.

"Of course you did." I teased.

"Mr. Laufeyson, should I inform the team that Miss Alderdottir is awake?" Jarvis asked.

"No. They're all asleep by now." Loki replied.

Loud footsteps approached Loki's door and Thor came bursting in.

"Lady Y/n! You're awake!" Thor's voice boomed.

"No shit Sherlock." I responded.

"You're spending way too much time with Stark." Loki stated.

"Jealous?" I smirked.

"No. I'm just stating that you're turning into him. Don't make me start throwing you out windows as well." He defended.

Thor ran over and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Let me go! I need to breathe." I laughed.

"Sorry." Thor replied innocently.

More footsteps approached. Nat and Clint popped their heads into the room.

"We heard Thor yell. Is everything okay?" Nat asked. She looked to me and smiled. "About damn time! I forgot how boring it was without you here. I had to beat Clint up for fun. Not that I'm complaining."

"Kid, please don't make this whole getting injured thing a tradition. That's my job and I would rather not get beat up by Nat every time she's bored." Clint stated.

I laughed. "I'll try."

I looked to Loki. He was clearly agitated over the fact that half the team was in his room. Nat and Clint noticed to. Not wanting to get stabbed, they left. Thor stayed, oblivious as to what was going on.

"Okay, Brother. I can take care of Y/n now if you'd like." Thor stated.

"I don't need a babysitter. I'm healed already." I informed.

"She isn't a bother, Thor. She can stay here." Loki told.

Thor looked to me for conformation. I nodded. Loki hid a smile and Thor left.

"You don't actually have to stay if you don't want." Loki assured.

"No I'm fine. Besides, your room is a lot colder than mine." I smiled.

He nodded. "Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Yeah. Can I change out of my suit first?"

"Yeah. Sorry. I would have used my magic but I didn't want you to think something else."

I nodded as I got up and slipped out of his room and into mine.

I changed into a black t-shirt and light jeans. I pulled on a pair of black Nikes and went back into Loki's room.

"Okay, now food!" I exclaimed.

Loki let out a soft laugh and followed teleported us both down to the kitchen.

I sat down at the island.

"What would you like?" Loki asked.

"Surprise me." I smiled.

Loki nodded and started rummaging through the fridge. He grabbed a few things and started cooking.

Twenty minutes later, I Loki sat my plate in front of me and sat down beside me with his.

On the plate, was a stack of pancakes, two eggs, and some diced potatoes.

I picked up my fork and stuffed some of the food in my mouth.

"What do you think?" Loki asked as he took a bite of his food.

"It's great!" I exclaimed. "How come you never eat dinner with the team and I?"

"The team isn't too fond of me. They don't believe that I am trying to change. I figured I would do them all a favor and stay away as much as possible." He responded.

"Because of the New York incident?" I asked. Loki nodded. "That was mind control though."

"Doesn't matter. They still think it's my fault and I don't blame them."

I frowned. "Shut up."

"What?"

"I said shut up."

"To think you actually cared you're just li-" Loki started, his voice raised and his facial expression changed to angry.

I cut him off. "I do care. Don't think for a second that I don't. I didn't mean to sound rude when I said shut up. It was metaphorical. I meant that I wanted you to stop talking bad about yourself. So shut up or I'll stab you."

Loki's face dropped, realizing that he snapped on you and accused you of not caring about him.

"Now quit moping, get your ass up, and go make my room cold." I demanded with a smirk.

"Bossy." Loki mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." He blurted and walked over to the elevator.

I smiled and followed him up to my room.

I opened my door and directed him to come in. He looked around and seemed surprised by the bare walls. I haven't felt like trying to figure out how to work a computer.

"Your room's better. Tony made mine all bright. I would rather it be darker like yours, but I'm staying here for free so I'm not complaining." I told him.

He nodded. Green magic flowed around the room. I admired it as the temperature slowly dropped to a more suitable climate for my liking.

I flopped down on my bed and let out a sigh. Loki laughed. "Thank you." I said and pat the bed beside me.

"Anytime, Darling." Loki stated and fwumped down next to me.