Chapter 38

I played with Loki's damp hair as we laid in my bed, our now clothed bodies tangled beneath the sheets.

I looked up to him and pressed my lips to his as he tightened his grip around my waist.

"I love you." I hummed.

"I love you too, Darling." Loki responded before drifting asleep along with me shortly after.

...

My eyes fluttered open and met an empty bed next to me.

I groaned and rolled onto my stomach, nestling my face further into the pillows.

I turned my head to face the door that had been cracked open. Loki popped his head in before walking in with a tray.

I flipped back onto my back before sitting up a little and propping myself up with my pillows.

"Goodmorning, Love." Loki greeted as he placed a kiss on my forehead and sat the tray down in front of me on my bed.

"Food!" I exclaimed and shoved some fruit into my mouth.

Loki laughed and sat down next to me.

We ate and chatted for a while before the mission alarm interrupted us.

We jumped out of bed and Loki changed us both into our suits with his magic.

I grabbed my katana from off my desk and sheathed it onto the strap on my back before Loki teleported us downstairs to where the team was waiting.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"Hydra." Tony replied.

I nodded and made my way up to the roof and onto the Quinjet.

The flight only lasted about 15 minutes and we landed in an open spot of the woods.

I hopped out of the jet and made my way into the concrete structure. Loki and Thor followed behind. Tony was flying above, Clint was in a tree, Nat and Steve were going in the second entrance, and Bruce was staying back on the jet unless the Hulk was needed.

I took out three guys with my katana as I walked through the entrance. Loki fought behind me and Thor threw his hammer down the long hallway, knocking out at least nine of the agents while doing so.

Once the agents were all down in that hallway, we moved onto the next, taking out all of them, then splitting up and moving on again to the next hallways.

I finished taking out the guys and met up with Thor before heading over to Loki.

Just as we were about to walk through the doorway, a loud bang was set off.

I ran faster and found Loki, unconscious andlying on the floor in chains and restraints with four agents hovering over him.

Two more agents snuck up behind Thor and I and stuck several syringes in our bodies before we could run over to Loki.

"What was that?!" Thor shouted and threw the agents off him.

I fought off one of the agents and the other dug his knife into the side of my thigh, digging it farther in as he drug it up to the side of my ribs.

I yelped and clutched my side before grabbing my katana and swiftly swiping the blade across the man's stomach. He grabbed his stomach and fell backwards, smacking his head on the cement floor and blacking out.

My legs grew weak and I collapsed onto the ground along with Thor. My head slammed against the floor.

"Loki." I tried to shout, but it came out as more of a whimper.

"Leave the Agardian and the girl. They are of no use to us. Take the Frost Giant and go." Was all I heard as my vision grew fuzzy and the room turned black.

...

I opened my eyes. My vision was blurry and I could only make out two figures standing over me. It was Thor and Nat.

"Loki." I whispered and frantically tried to lift my head up. A wave of dizziness washed over me.

"We're losing her again!" Bruce stated before I passed out again and my head fwumped back onto the pillow.

"Hang in there kid!" Clint spoke as monitors began quickly beeping.

...

After the team left, Loki was taken to another Hydra base. This one being more secretive and hidden than the other one.

He had been put in more reinforced chains which dampened most of his powers and had a gag in his mouth.

He was placed in a cell and given a sedative to keep him unconscious for the transfer of locations.

He had woken up in a fairly warm cell which had a reinforced door, meaning no just walking out. There was no bed and a rusting old sink and toilet. The floors and walls were cracked and were soaked with perspiration. There was a single, small window in the cell with bars to prevent any and all escape plans. His restraints and chains were latched onto a tight metal loop in the floor and his gag had been removed once in the cell.

He could no longer sense my presence like usual and was too weak to communicate telepathically with me no matter how hard he tried.

He was going to get back to me, and he didn't care who he had to kill to do so.

...

My eyes fluttered open and were met by a blindingly bright light. My vision was blurred slightly and my head felt like it got ran over by a truck.

I groaned and shifted my head slightly to the right. Thor and Clint were sitting in the chairs next to my bed. They got up when they realized me watching them.

"Hey, kid!" Clint laughed.

I smiled at him as my vision became clearer.

"Where's Loki?" I asked sleepily.

Thor and Clint looked at me for a second.

"You don't remember? Loki was taken by Hydra." Thor informed, sadness filling his voice.

I started to panic as my memories of the mission played in my mind. My breathing quickened and tears filled my eyes.

"How long was I out?" I asked frantically.

"Y/n, you've been in a coma for two weeks."