Chapter 41

I must have fallen asleep along with Loki at some point because I woke up in the dark med bay, laying with my head resting on Loki's collarbone.

I lifted my head up slightly to look at the clock.

4:57 am was shown in bold red letters across the digital screen.

I rested my head back down and drifted back asleep on Loki's chest.

...

A knock on the med bay door woke me up. Loki was already up and sitting on the edge of the bed. I groaned and let my eyes fluttered open.

The person on the other side of the door knocked again.

"Just come in already!" I yelled grumpily.

The door opened slightly and Peter popped his head in before opening the door the rest of the way and walking in.

"I wanted to see how Mr. Loki was doing." Peter informed.

Loki looked up from the book he was reading and met Peter's gaze.

"I'm fine, child." Loki stated.

Peter nodded awkwardly and stood there for a second before Harley came barreling in.

"Peter, Tony said we can c-Oh heyyy, Y/n." Harley spoke.

Peter and Loki gave Harley the 'are you kidding me face' and I just stared blankly at him, not in the mood for social interaction.

"W-Why are you looking at me like that?" Harley stuttered.

"Y/n isn't a morning person." Loki informed.

"She looks like she's going to kill me. I-Is she going to kill me?"

"No she isn't. You'll know when she's about to kill you."

Harley nodded and was about to say some smartass remark so I narrowed my eyes at him. He cleared his throat before running out of the med bay, tripping on his way out and quickly scrambling to get up. Peter said goodbye and walked out after Harley.

I crawled up to wear Loki was sitting on the bed and wiggled underneath his arms, sitting on his lap while he continued to read. I leaned back into him and placed soft and short kisses on his jawline.

"What are you doing?" Loki asked with a smirk.

"Kissing you." I responded and kissed his cheek.

Loki laughed and moved his head as I was about to kiss his cheek again. His lips met mine and I turned around in his lap.

I ran my hands up his chest and up to his hair, tangling my fingers in his hair as I deepened the kiss. I slide my tongue into his mouth as he did the same.

After a few minutes of making out, I broke away.

"I missed you so much." I spoke.

"I missed you too." Loki responded and pressed his lips to mine once again.

"LOKI! YOU'RE AWAKE!" Thor's voice boomed, scaring the shit out of Loki and I.

I broke the kiss and jumped away, landing on my ass on the floor of the med bay. Loki helped me up and I sat down next to him on the bed.

"Thor, you oaf. Can't you learn to knock?" Loki grumbled.

"Sorry, brother. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

Loki gave a nod. "I'm okay."

"Oh come on! Just hug already! You know you want to!" I exclaimed and nudged Loki to get up. Loki refused to get up so I ended up shoving him over to where Thor was standing. "Hug your brother or I won't give you kisses."

Loki looked over his shoulder and narrowed his eyes at me playfully before Thor pulled him into a hug. Eventually, Loki hugged Thor back.

"I missed you, brother." Thor spoke and clapped Loki on the shoulder as he broke the hug.

Loki may not had admitted it, but I could tell he missed Thor as well. He may not show it very well or very often, but Loki definitely loves Thor.

Loki gave Thor another nod before Thor walked out of the med bay. I got up and took Loki's hand.

"You missed him too." I smiled.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Loki lied.

I laughed and leaned up, placing a short kiss on his lips before pulling him out of the med bay.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"With all due respect, you stink. You need a shower." I laughed.

"Ouch." Loki placed a hand on his chest and pretended to be hurt.

I shook my head and pushed him into my room.

"Darling, I'm perfectly fine with using my own shower."

"I'm not losing you again." I stated with a sad smile.

Loki frowned and placed a kiss on my forehead before pulling me into a comforting embrace.

"You're not gonna lose me again."

"You don't know that for sure."

"I don't. But I do know that I love you and that's all we need." He spoke.

I laughed before speaking. "One, that was cheesy as shit. Two, I wasn't joking when I said you stink. So go take a shower, then I'll shower you with kisses." I smiled.

Loki nodded and placed a quick kiss upon my lips before slipping into my bathroom to take a shower.

I smiled to myself and went into my closet to switch into more comfortable clothing. I pulled on one of Loki's t-shirts, a pair of sweatpants, and slipped on a pair of fuzzy gray socks before walking out of my closet and flopping down on my bed to wait for Loki to get done.