Part 8

Landon was not happy about Hope growing crush on Alex.The same thing was happening with Lizzie and Josie who found Alex to be great boyfriend material.Watcher noticed Landon's thoughts as he liked his actor Aria. Landon's relationship was not the best at first it looked good. But soon the relationship strained and Landon had shown he had a slight obsession with Hope.

Hope was practicing climbing in the abandoned house with Hailey, Freya, and Alex watching her as Hope with a smile asked"Pretty cool right" Alex gave a nod as she gracefully jumped back down and asked, "What do you think?"
Freya smiled and replied, "I wish I had core muscles like yours."Hope with excitement said, "And that's nothing compared to what I'll be able to do once I trigger my werewolf side."

Hope looked at her Aunt Freya who just nodded as she really wished for strength and agility like werewolves had.

Both Hailey and Freya looked at each other with worry as Hailey asked"Hope have I told you about turning."Hope nodded and replied"A little and I have friends well the whole killing a human part is rough."

Hailey grimaced at the thought she didn't want Hope to trigger her curse as she muttered"Hope triggering the werewolf curse is not something fun."Hope was confused as Hailey added, "I am sure my counterpart will explain."

Hailey sighed said, "Hope to trigger the werewolf curse is not something I want for you to go through since the pain of turning is unbearable breaking every bone in your body twisted in an unnatural manner as bones reshape and shift to form a wolf's skeleton."

Hope looked slightly pale a thought also she was now uncertain about triggering the curse.

Hope looked uncertain when she heard that as Alex spoke"I can make a potion to make Hope's transformation painless. If she trigger's her werewolf curse that is. "Freya was curious as she never heard of such a potion ever during her studies as she asked, "Why have I never heard of such potions before?"

Hailey was interested in the potion as it could make many werewolves' life better. Hope had a smile on her face as thought" He really seems to have my back on everything."

Alex explained"Most of the magic or potions belong to my family. So I doubt you might have heard of it."Freya left it at that as Family magic was not something you would just share with anyone. After the little talk, Hope was excited as Alex was going to teach her a few of his spells as Alex reminded Hope "These spells can't be taught to just anyone Hope remember you won't be able to teach it to your aunt or anyone unless I give you the permission okay."

Lizzie and Josie pouted feeling they couldn't learn Harry Potter spells. Freya and Davina sighed they knew about family magic.It was not something everyone shares.

Hope nodded seriously as she knew Alex was putting a lot of trust in her by teaching her these spells as Alex spoke"Hope I am sure you have heard about magic from Harry Potter, my grimoire helped me recreate many of those spells."Hope hearing about Harry Potter magic was excited as Alex started to explain"This is what I called wizarding magic and it is classified it Transfiguration, Charms, Hex, Jinx, Curses, and Healing spells like the books."Alex looked at Hope who was listening all this with great interest as he continued"Transfiguration spells of this group may be separated into true transfiguration spells (where an existing object was altered) and conjurations, where the desired object was seemingly transfigured out of thin air."Alex pointed his hand at the table and chanted "Lupus viderem." as the table changed into a wolf which howled then turned back into a table as Hope looked at with awe as Alex said"This is conjuration." as he chanted "Avis" as he produced a flock of birds from thin air.

Hope was excited also envious of her counterpart learning these spells. While Josie asked, "Why can't we do these spells even when we say the incantation clearly?"

Watcher explained"Well it has to do with the fact Wizarding magic can't be used without Alex approving them.It is similar to how certain witches are able to perform a certain type of magic. So even if you know the spells without Alex's approval you won't be able to cast those spells."

Everyone's eyes widen with disbelief and shock.

Watcher didn't explain the fact these spells draw power from these alternate universes and Alex's Grimoire is made all of it possible.

Hope watched all this as carefully as Alex continued"Then there is jinx and Hex which are mostly small dark curses. But if used correctly they will be useful. Then there are Curses this kind of magic, intended to affect the target in a strongly negative manner and last but not the least Healing spells."

Alex decided to start with small spells as Alex went into lecture mode"Let's start with Charms first the stunning Spell the incantation is 'Stupefy' it is used to instantly render a target unconscious without causing lasting damage."

Hope asked, "So basically it is good for taking people out with injuring or killing them."Alex smile and replied"Exactly but multiple of these can even kill a person. Also, there is the Reviving Spell the incantation is 'Rennervate' is it serves as the counter-charm to the Stunning Spell. Remember the pronunciation is important for Charms."

Hope rolled her eyes and said"Yes, I am Potterhead. So I know that obviously."Freya shook her head and said"Hope you can't take it lightly. The spells may be different from what you know from the books."Hope frowned but nodded understanding what her Aunt was saying.

Klaus had gotten a few vampires compelled to act as dummy's Hope nodded as she tried it but didn't get it until her 9th try as she was happy with the progress as Alex noticed most of the spells from Harry Potter were stronger like the stunning spell really sent that poor vampire flying.

Then next 2 days we tried spells like Expelliarmus, Disillusionment Charm, Shield Charm, Severing Charm, and Glamour charm.It took Hope took her a while to get the grasp as firstborn of Mikaelson's bloodline and natural at witchcraft made Hope learn the spells easier than most people.

Hope looked smug and happy hearing the praise, Klaus, Elijah, Kol, Rebekah, Freya, and Davina were happy for Hope. While Lizzie frowned at the fact Hope was stealing the spotlight again.

As Alex clapped and said"That's it for today. We will learn more later."Hope was panting replied, "Ohh come one I want to learn more these spells are really useful."Hope found these spells to be really helpful as they have really small incantations and unlike other spells she learned which mostly needed long incantations and denying a witch from concentrating or giving full attention to their spells, may render them ineffective. While these spells are short and she found it consumed less of her magic.

Hope really found the spells to be better as the witch spells are sometimes really long or need intense concentration.

Alex shook his head witches due to excessive use of magic can lead to disorientation, nose bleeds, unconsciousness, and if taken to the extreme, death.So Alex told her to rest as the next day Alex after saw the progress Hope made spoke"Now let's try a few curses as they will be really helpful. Let's start with the Body bind curse the incantation is 'petrificus Totalus' as the name suggests it temporarily paralyzes a person."

Hope was able to practice this on vampire Klaus compelled let's just say it was very interesting to watch as we practiced different curses like Leg locker curse, Expulso curse....etc

Hope found the spells to be very useful for different situations. All these spells were very flexible.

That's when Klaus interrupted"Kid you will have to stop the magic practice as our plan is in motion Greta and Roman have escaped and she has even contacted Elijah."

Klaus muttered, "So she is making her move."Kol, Elijah, Finn, and Hailey were all itching to get their hands on Greta and her minions.

Just like we planned Fake Hope was also captured on her way to Salvatore boarding school also to make everything more believable Klaus acted as he was crazy went around compelling people to search for Hailey and Hope.

Kol laughed and said"So she fell for it."