[16] Fixing a city

"Lydia still your Housecarl?"
"Of course."
"Farengar still the wizard?"
"Yes."
"Who's captain of the guard?"
"Uhh...Sinmir?"
"Good choice, I'll notify them all."
"Send some guards to put out the fires will you?"
"Will do."

"Careful! Move them next to the alchemy table! The books obviously go next to the bookcase! Where do you think the arms and armour go? In the bloody armoury! Yes my clothes go in my quarters." I said smacking my face on my hand in frustration.

I was moving everything out of breezehome into Dragonsreach, which was annoying Farengar as the alchemy station which he almost never used was now cluttered with my ingredients and potions.

"Alphabetise the books, just do the weapons and armour logically and the my alchemy things are already organised in satchels, I don't give a skeevers arse about my clothes." I said to one of the servants before turning to Vignar.

"Have we got more guards in Rorikstead yet?"
"Yes, no activity from the burial site yet."
"I'll deal with it on my next trip out."
"Where are we putting this temple again?
"Where the shire of Talos was? Or demolish Heimskir's house and put it there. he's going to be the high priest of the palace anyway."
"Probably smart to wait after the war to do it anyway, don't want an army on our doorstep."

"State your business." Lydia said boredly, rising to greet the guard that had entered.
"Need to see the Jarl, some strange elf been pokin' round. Some of the men think that she's a Thalmor!"

"Bring her to me." I said from my throne. "I want that elf here and I want here alive."

Rising and pacing in front of the throne I calmly said "can anyone tell me how in oblivion there is a thalmor in my city!" Okay, not so calmly.
"You didn't forbid it!" Sinmir protested.
"Was it not obvious!" I roared.
"Whoa there Alduin." Lydia remarked, kicking back in her chair, "speaking of Alduin you need to get off your arse and destroy him."
I didn't have time to make a reply as an high Elven woman in, sure enough thalmor robes was led in by two guards.

"The Dragonborn, I've heard so much." the elf said in an accent quite distinctly from the isles.

"Who are you?" I said bluntly. I had no time for this elf.
"Arivanya, Justiciar first class. But I'm not here to talk thalmor to you." She said boredly.
"What are you doing in my city then?"
"Well, I'd prefer the entire court didn't hear. I'm sure you have a few spies."
"And you get me alone and attempt to kill me?"
"No, I've closed oblivion gates. If I wanted to kill you you'd be dead."
"And I'm the dragonborn. I could shout you back to oblivion before you'd even cast a spell, elf"
After a moment of consideration, I decided to grant the hero of Cyrodill an audience.
"I'll see you on the porch, but my Housecarl will come."
"Hmmph."
"It's the best your getting."
"I'm aware."

"I want everyone out!" I shouted across the porch and the guards scattered, it's great being Jarl.
Lydia took a seat and began polishing her sword in a pointed manor, glaring.
"Start talking elf."
"Temper temper."
"If you don't hurry up, I'll find out if mer bleed as red as men." I hissed.
"My self, and a few other altmer are part of a rebellion."
"A rebelion?" I questioned, looking at the Altmer.
Her hair was golden, a few shades lighter than her skin and it was braided around her head in a style I had never seen on an Altmer, let alone a Justiciar. She wore thalmor robes and a circlet, shimmering with an enchantment. probably fortify magica, I ha never been much for enchanting, or magic. An Elven (of course) dagger was placed in a sheath at her hip. The sunlight, when it caught her skin caused it to shimmer slightly, which was slightly mesmerising.

"What are you rebelling against?" Lydia piped up.
"The thalmor, is it not obvious? They're holding us back, stopping Alinor from progressing. Keeping us in the past. Every facet of society is governed by them, from our artwork to our healing."
"Look, I can see why you would rebel, I just don't get why a Justiciar is here telling me that. I don't even think someone in the thalmor would rebel."
"You need someone on the inside don't you?" Arivanya said, raising an eyebrow.
"What's this group called?"
"The vestige, vestiges, whatever tense or format you prefer."
"Why would you call yourself that?" I snapped shaking my head.
"Because of that whole incident in the first era? When the vestige stopped the merging of coldharbour and nirn? Look names aren't my strong suit, bringing down the thalmor is."
"And what do you want from me?"
"An ally, if we do need up taking on the thalmor."
"I ally with anyone who fights the thalmor but I have no idea if I can trust you."
"Well, as an 'ally' the thalmor are just loving this war. It's perfect for them. End it as soon as possible."
And with that the altmer woman left.

"I'm going to get my armour and we are going to see delphine." I said to Lydia walking off towards my quarters.