Hogwarts Express

It had been a very sluggish morning, the rain poured down as the air was chilled. All returning students both young and older packed their belongings and shuffled to the Hogwarts express, beaming with emotion of what was yet to come.

Draco was escorted by older wizards that his Mother and Father hired, afraid for their sons safety post war. He glared at the tired looking men who surrounded him, uncomfortable with all this fussing.

All the 8th year students who came back to start over were slowly being brought into the train, the sound of gossip and goodbyes from family rang through the platform.

Harry hugged Sirius goodbye, immediately being taken into custody by the staff of the express for protection.

Draco scanned the crowd as he was brought closer, spotting Blaise. "Well I must be going! You old gits better get going too!" He said with a short response, running as fast as he could to his friends side.

"Draco! I haven't seen you all summer! You didn't even write!" Blaise visually checked Draco in worry.

"Nothings changed Blaise relax." Draco whispered, not wanting to talk about personal things near his fellow Slytherins. He stepped on the train, greeted by Pansy and Goyle.

All the way down the train was Harry sitting alone in an empty compartment up against the trains caboose.

Professor McGonagall had met Harry inside the train, which was a very big surprise! She told him he had to sit in the back, explaining that certain students needed extra care and protection for the year.

Harry hadn't even questioned it considering his name and status, after all he killed Voldemort with the help of his friends...there were bound to be some Wizards and Witches who disagreed with his actions.

"Now you stay here! The trolley will be by shortly. We will depart soon too." Professor McGonagall instructed.

A few minutes went by, the sounds of students taking their seats and talking together.

Draco was pulled aside, separated from the Slytherin cabin of the express. He just assumed it was more measures his parents set up. "Bloody ridiculous." He muttered to himself.

"I'm sorry Mr. Malfoy but considering your father's latest actions and the post war fears, you must be secluded and watched this year..." Professor McGonagall explained, stopping at the compartment.

Draco rolled his eyes, standing outside the compartment as he watched the Professor walk back down the halls of the train. He stood at the door, clenching his fists. He finally opened it, taking a few steps in only to have his jaw slightly hang open.

"Malfoy???" Harry said in shock.

"Pottah?!" Draco spat.

The two of them stared in awkward silence for minutes at a time, not sure of what to say.

"What are you doing in here?" Draco glared, finally uttering some words.

"Probably the same reason you're here." Harry responded slowly, unsure of how he felt seeing Draco after what happened.

Draco stood there standing in the open door, frozen and angry, but mostly too afraid to move.