Danger Lurks

Severus paced back and forth infront of the floo fireplace inside his rooms, staring at the dark emptiness of the stone insides. He wanted so badly to do something about their impending danger, but he was at a loss. He was threatened many times by Lucius Malfoy, told never to challenge or interfere.

Remus sat on the edge of Severus's bed, watching Severus pace for what seemed like an endless amount of time. "Doing that won't help you know."

Severus stopped abruptly to sneer at the wolf. "We have been living our lives like everything is back to normal, it's incredibly irresponsible!!!" He spat, going back to his insufferable pacing.

"Severus what would you have us do?! The children need to be able to finish their year, to get an education!" Remus sighed painfully at the reminder that they were treading on dangerous ground. "Hogwarts is suppose to be safe isn't it?"

Severus growled loudly in anger. "It's never been a safe place Remus, that's just a dreamy false reality projected by the ministry!" He stopped to stare at the photo's he had on the mantle. "I miss the days where we weren't waiting for violence."

Remus remembered back to the war that had destroyed everything only a few months back, tonks dying, their loved ones and friends killed for blood and revenge. "Severus what exactly did you call me in here for?"

Severus stopped infront of Remus. "I want to go talk to Lucius and Fenrir."

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!?!" Remus shot up to his feet, getting face to face with Severus's pointy nose. "Has all the grease in your hair diluted your brain?!"

Severus shoved Remus backwards. "We can't just go day by day thinking we won't get attacked again! It's not over and the sooner everyone realizes that, the sooner we can deal with the inevitable!"

"But what do you think talking with the enemy will achieve?! You told me last time he had a boot to your throat! He could have killed you!" Remus showed actual concern for Severus. "Sirius would tell you the same thing! Lucius has a bloody guard dog and multiple Death Eaters that could kill you within moments, how could you possibly think talking to him would change anything???"

Severus felt his blood boil, turning away from Remus. "Draco could have been killed by Fenrir...Sirius told me all about the wounds...the bruises."

"I know you're worried about your Godson, but putting your own life in danger wouldn't help the boy." Remus put a comforting hand on Severus's shoulder. "Let's go to Sirius's alright? See what he thinks."

Severus looked at Remus's hand, sighing in defeat. "Let's hurry then, I've had a horrible feeling of dread all day."

Remus pulled himself and Severus into the fireplace, picking up the floo powder. "Sirius's hideout!!!" He said loudly, the flames engulfing them both in a giant green flame.

Severus gracefully landed without any balance issue, looking around at the empty cottage.

Remus clumsily smacked into Severus's back. "Sorry, that was a little rough." He took a few steps in further.

"Something doesn't feel right...it's too quiet." Severus clutched his wand on the inside of his cloak.

"Siriu-mmmff!!!!" Remus tried to call for Sirius, stopped by Severus's big hand clasping over his mouth. "Mmm?!?!" He complained with an indignant stare.