Best Four Years Of My Life [1] | Park Chaeyoung (Rosé) [BLACKPINK]

Y/N POV

"Attention travellers, this is the final call for passengers on flight Qantas QF467 to Melbourne. May passengers onboard this flight please head to gate 31 immediately"

I sighed as the airport announced the final call for my flight. I reluctantly head to gate 31. This is it, I think to myself, this is where my life completely changes. The past 18 years I have been living under my parents roof and now it is time for me to face the cruel world of living on my own. I have gotten really good grades in high school which is why I am heading towards Melbourne University, a prestigious university in Australia. I said goodbye to my family and took the long walk towards gate 31 alone.

Time Skip to arrival in Melbourne

Arriving at Melbourne, I got out of the airport and looked for the bus heading towards the direction of the university campus. I am new to this place, but because university is a place where we need to be independent, nobody is picking me up from the airport. I am on my own right now. Struggling to find my dorm even with the help of Google Maps, I arrived at my dorm later than I expected. Quickly picking up the keys, I entered my room. It wasn't the biggest, but at least it was modern and looked like something I can live in. 

Well, I guess this is the place I will call home for the upcoming academic year

Well, I guess this is the place I will call home for the upcoming academic year. Quick inspection of the room, I started to unpack my things and decorate my room a little bit. However, a few moments later someone knocked on my door. I tried to ignore it and continue setting up my room but the knocking became more constant and soon turned into banging. Annoyed, I went to open the door and see who it was, and I saw 3 other guys and 4 girls outside my door. They must be my flat mates.

"Hey, you must be the new guy. I'm Alex, I live next door to you. We all live in this flat" one of the guys spoke up.

"Hello, I'm Y/N. Fresher here in Melbourne University, I'm from South Korea" I replied.

"Nice, well me and Alex are from Perth Australia. I'm Jack by the way" the other guy said.

"And I'm Scott from Canada" the guy with a heavy American accent spoke up.

"I'm Sarah, and that's Ella" the shorter brunette girl spoke up and pointed at the blonde.

Finally, the taller brunette spoke up "And I'm Lucy. Anyways, there's a welcome party at the club tonight. You fancy joining us?"

I hesitated for a moment, it's my first day here. I've not even settled down and already have been asked to attend a party. However, knowing that it's the start of the semester I might as well enjoy myself and make some new friends by socialising a but.

"Sure. I'll catch yous later" I spoke up after a brief moment of speaking.

After meeting my flat mates, I went back into my room and laid on my bed. It has been a tiring journey flying from Seoul to Melbourne. I needed some rest before going to the party. Personally, I'm not really a party guy but given that I am new here and don't even have a friend at all, I might as well go out there and make some new friends. After all, everyone back home told me that university is supposed to be the best four years of my life.