Trust Lost And Found | Kang Hyewon

Hyewon's heart pounded with the rhythm of the music pulsating through the crowded nightclub. She danced with her friends, feeling the energy of the night coursing through her veins. Lost in the euphoria of the moment, she barely noticed the handsome stranger making his way through the throngs of people until he stood before her, his smile captivating.

"Hi there," he said over the music, his voice barely audible but his eyes sparkling with interest.

Hyewon returned the smile, her cheeks flushed with excitement. "Hi," she replied, shouting to be heard over the din of the club.

They exchanged names, shared a few laughs, and before Hyewon knew it, he was asking her out on a date for the next day. Caught up in the whirlwind of the moment, she agreed, the thrill of something new and spontaneous coursing through her.

The next morning, as sunlight filtered through the curtains, Y/N's heart felt heavy with a gnawing sense of unease. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was off, a nagging suspicion that lingered in the back of his mind like a shadow. Unable to ignore it any longer, he reached for Hyewon's phone, his hands trembling slightly as he scrolled through her messages.

What he found there made his blood run cold.

Messages exchanged with a stranger, plans made for a date. His heart sank as doubt and insecurity clouded his thoughts. Could Hyewon be cheating on him? The mere thought sent a wave of panic coursing through him, his stomach churning with fear and betrayal.

He marched upstairs to confront her, his heart pounding with a mix of anger and hurt. Bursting into her room, he found her getting ready, a look of surprise crossing her face as she saw him standing there, her phone clutched tightly in his hand.

"What's going on, Y/N?" she asked, confusion evident in her voice.

Y/N's hands shook as he held out her phone, his voice trembling with emotion. "Who is he, Hyewon? The guy you're planning to go out with?"

Hyewon's eyes widened in shock, her mind racing as she struggled to find the right words. "Y/N, it's not what you think-"

But Y/N wasn't listening. His mind was already made up, his heart hardened with the pain of betrayal. "I can't believe you'd do this to me, Hyewon," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I thought we had something special."

Tears welled up in Hyewon's eyes as she reached out to him, desperate to explain. "Y/N, please, you have to believe me. I would never-"

But Y/N was already turning away, his heart breaking with every step he took towards the door. "It's over, Hyewon. I can't do this anymore."

And with that, he was gone, leaving Hyewon alone with her tears and regrets.

Later that day, as Hyewon sat across from the stranger at a quaint little cafe, she couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness that gnawed at her heart. Despite the charming smile and the easy conversation, her thoughts kept drifting back to Y/N, the love she had lost because of one foolish mistake.

As the stranger leaned in closer, his intentions clear, Hyewon felt a surge of anger and defiance rising within her. She may have lost Y/N, but she refused to lose herself in the process. Pushing back from the table, she looked the stranger squarely in the eye, her voice steady with determination.

"I'm sorry," she said, her words ringing with sincerity. "But I have a boyfriend."

And with that, she walked away, leaving behind the ghosts of her past and the pain of her mistakes.

Meanwhile, Y/N sat alone in his room, the weight of his decision pressing down on him like a leaden weight. He had let his insecurities and doubts destroy the one thing that had ever truly mattered to him, and now he was left with nothing but regret.

It wasn't until Eunbi, Hyewon's best friend, came to visit him that he began to see the truth of what had happened. As she recounted the details of Hyewon's date, her eyes filled with sympathy and understanding, Y/N felt a glimmer of hope stirring within him.

Maybe it wasn't too late to make things right, to reach out to Hyewon and beg for her forgiveness. And this time, he vowed, he wouldn't let his fears and insecurities come between them.

Rushing out into the night, his heart pounding with anticipation, Y/N raced to Hyewon's apartment, his mind filled with thoughts of reconciliation and redemption.

And as he stood before her door, his hand poised to knock, he knew that no matter what happened next, he would never again let doubt and insecurity destroy the love he had fought so hard to find.

AN: I am Y/N