Generation Adidas | An Yujin [IVE/IZ*ONE]

This is an angst story, read at your own risk

***

Generation Adidas, this is how most of the youngsters playing in the NCAA get their progression into MLS and you were lucky that you got signed up to MLS on that contract deal. However, with great opportunities comes great sacrifices. Getting drafted by Sporting Kansas City through the Generation Adidas contract for the 2022 MLS season means that you have to forgo college and was forced to drop out of college. At first you thought everything is going to be fine but now you are starting to have some regrets about dropping out of college for your MLS career.

Your MLS debut with Sporting Kansas City was a successful debut, a narrow 1-0 victory against Houston Dynamo. You should be happy about winning on your MLS debut, with team spirits high after securing victory, you were sat alone in the corner of the team bus thinking about something else. Pulling out your wallet, you looked at the photo in your wallet. It was her, it was the sacrifice that you had to make to be here with Sporting Kansas City today.

"Yujin ah, I hope you would be here watching me make my MLS debut today" you whispered to yourself whilst looking at a photo with her

Flashback

You were sat in class one day as a freshmen in your psychology lecture just like any other college student when suddenly your phone rang signalling that you have an email from MLS. Without hesitation you clicked on the email and read it.

Greetings Y/N, 

Hope you are well.

We are very happy to inform that your application to Generation Adidas has been successful and we would like to proudly invite you to the 2022 MLS SuperDraft in the MLS headquarters in New York on the 11th January 2022. 

Best Regards,

Adidas USA

You couldn't believe your luck. This was a milestone and it's an offer you cannot reject. You interrupted the class by a scream and stormed out of the lecture hall in excitement can't wait to give your girlfriend Yujin the brilliant news.

"See you suckers, I'm off the MLS" you shouted as you left the lecture hall disturbing the whole class.

Once you ran back to the dorm you saw Yujin studying on the desk. You walked over and hugged her from the back which surprised her.

"Y/N, what are you doing this early. I thought you have class?" Yujin asked clearly surprised at your sudden visit.

"I don't need classes anymore, I got accepted on the Generation Adidas contract by MLS and I'm heading to the SuperDraft in January" you said.

"Oh my god Y/N, I'm so happy for you"  Yujin replied as she hugged you and gave you a kiss.

Flashback End