Restaurant Review | Momo [TWICE]

Y/N POV

Working for a magazine company was never easy for you. Most of the time you need to stay in the office until very late at night to finish writing the final draft of whatever you were writing. And when you do get a chance to go outside, you are always taking photos of things that you are going to write your next article about or reviewing something for a new article. You never thought that being a journalist is going to take all your free time away. However, as much as you want to quit and get a second act, you don't know what else you could do for a career. The only thing that was keeping you in this job was your supervisor, Hirai Momo.

 The only thing that was keeping you in this job was your supervisor, Hirai Momo

Hirai Momo, she was the editor and your supervisor. She has always been your supervisor ever since you joined the company after graduation. Much to your surprise, she was only a year older than you and very beautiful. You would be lying if you hadn't have a slight crush on her, but an office relationship is so wrong and you'd not dare to start a relationship with her.

Currently, you were sat on your desk typing away. Trying to finish up this article you were supposed to finish by tonight. However, your supervisor Momo had other ideas and plans for you as she walked up to your desk.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" she asked as you freaked out because you thought the deadline for your report has passed.

"I'm finishing off the article about the review of the new Suntory drink. It'll be on your desk by the end of the day" you tried to explain.

"Scrap that off, we've got bigger things to do. There's this new American restaurant opened downtown. The boss wants us to go and try out so we could write a review for the next edition of the magazine. People don't need to know about the Suntory drink that soon, let's go" she demanded.

Great more work for you you thought as you reluctantly got out of your desk and headed to the restaurant with your supervisor Momo.

Once you arrived at the restaurant, you were shocked. It was so fancy and so high class, this was different. Whilst you have done a few reviews of restaurants before, they were all just noodle stands or family restaurants. This wasn't a family restaurant, from what it looks like, it's a restaurant where couples hosts their dates.

The waiter soon sat you and Momo down and Momo ordered a bottle of wine to start off with. This wasn't something new to you as by company laws, this whole order from today's meal will be put onto expenses. Therefore, with that in mind, you looked at the menu and see what you wanted to eat. However, everything on the menu was so high class which was something that you weren't used to. You took a very long time to decide what you wanted to order and by the time the waiter comes back you still haven't decided what you wanted to have.

"So have you guys decided on what you want?" The waiter asked.

"Y/N, have you decided yet?" Momo asked you as you shook your head.

Suddenly the waited chipped in "may I suggest the couples special? Three courses and enough for a couple to share" and as you heard couples special you got a little bit embarrassed because you and Momo aren't a couple. However, Momo agreed to the waiter's suggestions which means you are stuck eating a couples meal with Momo in this fancy restaurant.

The whole meal was awkward for you, it felt like some sort of date for you but you can't think of it that way because you were in office hours. You tried to stop yourself from thinking about it as a date but the environment surroundings and atmosphere was making it hard for you. You looked at Momo, she was very comfortable with the food and doesn't sense anything.

Even when she's eating she's beautiful you thought to yourself as you tried your best to not stare.

Because you can't stop yourself from staring at Momo and was barely touching the food, Momo noticed it and looked up

Because you can't stop yourself from staring at Momo and was barely touching the food, Momo noticed it and looked up. You tried to look away but it was too late, Momo had caught you staring at her.

"Ya, Y/N why aren't you eating. How are you going to write the report without touching the food" Momo asked.

"It's ok, I'll write about the atmosphere. There's just something on my mind" you replied as you took a sip of the wine. After all alcohol seems to solve the problems.

"Come on, I'm your supervisor and if something's wrong you need to report to your supervisor. I could be more than a supervisor to you" she said.

You shook it off and told her it's nothing as you finally start eating your food. The food was actually very good, but it doesn't matter at this moment. The restaurant has done a brilliant job at setting the atmosphere to make customers think about the people they are with over the food they were eating. Once you started eating you couldn't stop and the meal flown by.

Both of you paid the bill and being the gentlemen, you opened the door for Momo as you both left the restaurant.

"It was nice to get out of the office for once" Momo said as she left the restaurant.

"Yeah it's nice" you managed to stumble.

"Seriously what is wrong with you. You seemed off during the whole meal even though the food was good and the atmosphere there was very nice for couples. It should be a good review this one" Momo asked.

No idea why, but at that moment you just wanted to kiss Momo. Something in your gut was telling you to do it and without thinking anything through you pulled in and gave Momo a kiss which freaked her out.

"Sorry, the atmosphere and the couples special made me feel like this was a date. I didn't mean to do that" you apologised as you pulled out of that kiss.

"It's ok, I guess we have to act like a couple because we should be undercover reviewing this restaurant anyways" Momo said as she quickly walked away and got onto a taxi without saying goodbye.

At that moment, you woke up. You and Momo weren't on a date, you supposed to be there on an undercover mission to gather information for an article about the new restaurant.

***

Finally I am back writing this one shot book. Thank you very much zenincity for this request. I don't know if this is what you want but here it is anyways lol.

Anyways, as the Easter holiday approaches there will be more chapters on this one shot book as I will have more time writing. If you want a specific plot, please go request it on the request page.