Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Damien Gray

I woke up around six thirty the next morning. I was tired when Emilia first shook me awake. Luke was still dozing off in his cushion bed on the floor and I envied that he actually got to sleep in.

I sat up on the bed, facing Emilia. I knew that if I remained laying down, I would eventually end up falling asleep once again.

Emilia was wearing one of my white undershirts, and nothing else. It was too tempting to have her in my bed, wearing only that piece of clothing. I had to remind myself that we had to wait.

The previous night, we had gone to bed right after we left the kitchen. We had been close to fully mating, but a few things had stopped me from pushing it too far.

Sebastian was awake in his room. I could hear him moving around. We also had the other Wolves staying over. When it came to privacy, it wasn’t going to happen in a house full with Wolves and two other Legens.

“You can sleep in some more if you want,” I told Emilia, as I ran my hand over her bare thigh.

I was just torturing myself more by doing so but I couldn’t help it. Something in me kept pushing me to touch her, to be closer to her, even when I had her lying down right next to me.

“No, I won’t be able to sleep,” she replied.

Right after saying that, she yawned and began stretching her arms over her head. The action caused the thin white shirt to rise up and expose more of her body to me. I couldn’t remove my eyes from her. I found myself mesmerized, staring every single detail of her body.

“Damien,” Emilia called, snapping me out of my thoughts.

She gave a small chuckle, and rose up a few inches from the bed.

“What are you looking at?” She whispered, teasingly.

“Like you don’t know,” I replied, and stood up from the bed.

“I’ll go downstairs. I can hear the guys talking down there,” I told her.

I grabbed a gray shirt that was draped over the couch and slipped it on. I’d only slept on my pajama pants, which had also proven to be a bad idea.

I wasn’t wearing a t-shirt. Whenever any part of me came into contact with Emilia’s skin, that electric sensation slowly took over my body. It made me want her. It made me crave her so much.

“It’s the bond. It’s getting stronger. You can feel it more now, more than you did before,” Emilia quietly told me.

I hadn’t realized that while I drifted into my thoughts, I’d been staring at her.

“How does that work?”

“My Wolf is a natural Alpha. She should’ve called to you since the moment we met.”

“It did,” I quickly added.

“It did, but only enough to keep you close. It’s stronger now that you’re here, surrounded by other Wolves.”

“Really?”

“I don’t think I’ve ever told you, but most Alphas usually have sons. It’s strange, but it happens almost all the time. I guess the Werewolf spirits do that to keep the Alpha lineage strong, and going.”

“But Anthony had you,” I said.

“Yes,” she nodded.

“I don’t understand what all the fuzz is about with Alphas being guys,” I genuinely told her.