Chapter 12

I chose Ian Somerhalder (how he looks on the side) as Sebastian. 

Chapter 12

Damien Gray

“Where are you going?” Emilia’s guard dog asked when I began making my way upstairs.

“None of your business,” I replied, very much aware that my tone was hostile.

“Emilia asked me to keep an eye one you.”

“Why would you have to keep an eye on me? Is something going on?” I asked him, daring him to answer.

“Uh…” He muttered, as he nervously ran his hand through his hair.

“She’ll tell you when she gets back.”

I narrowed my eyes at him before shaking my head and continuing on my way.

This time, he didn’t stop me.

“Damien?” Sebastian sounded surprised when he answered my call.

“Something happened,” I interrupted before he made any remarks.

“Are you okay?” Quickly, his voice shifted from one of amusement, to one full-in alert.

“I am. That’s not the problem. Rogues are attacking or attacked, I’m not sure which,” I hastily told him, as I looked out the window in Emilia’s room.

It hadn’t been too hard to find. Although her scent was all over the place, it was mainly concentrated in this room.

“How many Rogues, do you know? Where are you? Is Emilia with you?” He would’ve continued with his questioning if I hadn’t interrupted him.

“I’m not sure how many there are. I’m at Emilia’s house. She isn’t with me. She left some dog to watch over me,” I flatly stated.

I couldn’t contain the grinding of my teeth as I spoke. I was less than happy with Emilia’s arrangement.

“I’ll come and pick you up,” Sebastian said.

“I can come to you. I was just letting you know,” I told him, before disconnecting the call.

I had just ended the call when the phone began vibrating in my hands. It was Sebastian, and he would have continued calling me until I agreed to let him come get me.

Instead of picking up the call, I grabbed my phone and turned it off.

“Damien!” I heard my name being called downstairs.

It was a girl, but it wasn’t Emilia.

I frowned at the door, hearing footsteps coming up the stairs.

“There you are,” a girl said after entering the room.

I remembered her as one of Emilia’s friends from the diner and earlier during lunch.

“Here I am.”

“I’m Lexi, you remember me?”

I nodded, and turned my gaze back to the window. I had to admit Emilia had a nice view out.

“So, what’s up?” Lexi asked, interrupting my thoughts.

“That’s what I would like to know,” I replied.