Chapter 23

It starts off in Sebastian's POV and towards the end I switch back to Damien. I introduce a new character. Don't get overwhelmed. :D

Chapter 23

Sebastian Gray

“Take her upstairs, Damy,” I told Damien.

Damien barely turned to face me. He was too focused on Emilia, who seemed to be holding back shifting into her Wolf. She was crying hysterically and we could all tell that her Wolf wanted out.

“We need to take control. Your Beta is outside right now but things aren’t going great,” Jared, Layton’s Beta, said aloud.

Damien nodded at him numbly, but he looked lost.

When Damien turned to me and I noticed his eyes had glassed over, I wanted to go outside and destroy every single Wolf in the area. It was the same way Damien had looked at me years ago after his parents had kicked us out.

It had been the first of many looks I’d learned to recognize from him.

The silence dragged on for a full minute after Damien had taken Emilia upstairs.

“Is he coming back?” Zev asked me.

He was a cool guy. While I thought Layton was a controlling freak, I had to admit Zev wasn’t so bad.

“I’m not sure. We have put a stop to this,” I said, before continuing on my way down the stairs. I didn’t wait around for them to follow me. They all still looked in shock over what happened.

Anthony was dead.

It wasn’t just something I could easily get over. I never got along too well with the Alpha. His rules didn’t suit me, and that man had too many rules for my taste.

But he was a good man.

Damien was happy being part of the pack. He didn’t mind having Anthony as an Alpha even though he was a Wolf.

Anthony did not deserve to die.

“They’re waiting for us to make an attack. We should take out anyone who doesn’t pledge loyalty,” Layton spoke up.

He was at my side when I pulled open the door.

“We should kill everyone,” I said, because it was what I planned on doing.

I was going to kill everyone, and take Damien and Emilia away.

“We’re not killing everyone,” Layton growled at me.

“It’s not your pack we’re talking about. I don’t know why you’re so worried,” I told him.

I would’ve usually sent my words out in a taunt. Layton was exactly the type of Wolf I liked to take on. He was easy to rile and was always on edge, thinking I wanted to challenge him.  

Things were different in that moment. The Wolves had broken my main rule. They had hurt Damien and they were going to pay.

“We need to take control of the situation, find Brian, and kill any Wolf that doesn’t want to back down,” Layton proposed.

Back down?” I asked him, mockingly.

“It isn’t pack law to attack all of them,” Layton growled.

“If we make them back down, what guarantees do we have that those dogs won’t rise again? You guys are the ones with all the rules. Just look at what they did to their own Alpha!” I snapped.