Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Damien Gray

I had just opened the front door when I heard Tania and Emilia’s hushed voices coming from somewhere down the hall.

I imagined they were in the living room. I had stayed out as late as I could, while managing to make it home. It was almost two in the morning. I thought Tania would be in her house and Emilia would be sleeping.

I knew I had to face her at some point. I took a few deep breathes, before slowly heading in the direction where I heard them talking.

‘No, I don’t think it will. Either way, school it such a drag,’ Tania was saying.

‘Damien is here,’ Emilia quietly told her.

Her words made me stop midstride. She had either heard me or felt me. Even though I’d been trying to be quiet, there was no hiding from her. She was a Werewolf.

“Hey,” I waved, entering the living room.

Both Tania and Emilia inhaled loudly when they saw me. I must’ve been a sight to see. The cuts and gashes I’d done to myself had mostly healed, but not the bruises. The bruises never healed as fast as the rest of the injuries did.

“Are you okay? What happened?” Emilia asked, coming to my side.

She had been crying. From the looks of her, it must’ve been going on all afternoon that I’d spent trying not to feel her emotions.

Her eyes were puffy and they looked dull. Her hair was up in a bun, but it looked messy, and her face was blotchy red.

Despite her state, she looked a lot better than I did.

“I’m fine,” I told Emilia, holding my hand up when she tried to touch me.

My entire body ached, and I was covered in dry mud and blood. I knew that if Emilia tried to touch me, it would end up with her arms wrapped around me.

The hurt look she shot me almost killed me. It was what I had been trying to avoid all afternoon. When I looked away from her, I noticed I had Tania’s attention.

She had no pity in her eyes. She was glaring at me. I thought she was going to attack me with the way her eyes looked at me accusingly.

“You finally show up,” she said, coldly.

“I was busy,” I shrugged.

As soon as I moved my shoulders, pain shot throughout my body. Somewhere between the third and fifth time I smashed myself against a tree, I had dislocated my arm. Although it healed, the fact that I kept hurting myself wasn’t helping me much.

I had taken off to the piece of land Sebastian and I owned. I didn’t need anyone in the pack looking at me while I was hurting myself. By the time I was done, trees in an entire area had been wiped out, everywhere I flew through would flood with rain water I was creating, and I had left a bloody mess in the area.

“I can tell,” Tania said, crossing her arms.

“Where’s Sebastian?” I asked her.

“He went to bed. He knew where you were but didn’t want to tell us. He said you were fine,” Emilia said, her eyes trailing over my body slowly.

I had lost my shoes, so I was barefoot, but that was the least of my worries. My pants had rips everywhere, and I hadn’t been wearing a shirt since early in the afternoon.