Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Damien Gray

The humans surrounding us had backed away, but they continued to cheer on whoever they were going for.

Luke had been slow reacting to Sebastian’s blows. When he finally threw a punch, Emilia had already stepped in.

His fist was about to connect with her face when she moved out of the way. His hand connected with nothing but air, before Emilia grabbed it and shoved him away.

I was surprised she’d pushed him with enough force to make him stumble back.

I quickly noticed that other male shifters had gotten in the circle to back Luke up. Three were trying to attack Sebastian, who was doing a good job in keeping them back. The moment I stepped in the circle, Emilia turned around.

I had just managed to shove a guy, who was about to punch Sebastian in the back, when Emilia came to my side.

“Move away from here!” Emilia yelled at me, trying to push me away.

I hardly listened to her, as I tried prying off a guy who was trying to wrap his arm around Sebastian’s neck in a chokehold.

“Enough!” Emilia yelled.

Everyone in the group, both human and shifter, stopped. Even the people in the sidelines stayed quiet.

“Luke, get to class,” Emilia ordered, glaring at Luke harshly.

Luke growled audibly at Sebastian, not looking ready to back down.

“Now,” Emilia growled. This caused some humans to back away more than they already had.

Luke reluctantly nodded at Emilia, before making his way out of the circle. From how tense he looked, I assumed he was going to leave campus and probably shift in the woods. His Wolf was at bay, looking for any opportunity to come out.

None of the shifters followed after him.

“You’re dismissed.” Once Emilia said that, the rest of the shifters followed.

Sebastian had some blood on the side of his lip, so I assumed someone had managed to land a punch.

“I suggest the rest of you follow,” Emilia said, now turning to glare at all the humans who hadn’t made an attempt to leave.

“What’s going on here?” I heard someone, probably a teacher, ask.

I rolled my eyes, feeling shame in the attention the teachers paid to what was going on with the students.

“Let’s get to class,” Sebastian calmly said, as he put his arm around my shoulder and began walking us toward the gym.

It was right next to where we were, so it wasn’t a long walk. Emilia grabbed my hand, and was walking along with us.

She looked worked up, and her eyes had shifted to black.

It worried me. It was dangerous if any other human noticed that her eyes would sometimes shift from their bright blue, to a darker color.

“What happened between you and Luke?” Emilia asked Sebastian in a demanding tone.

Sebastian shrugged, as he wiped away the blood that was still on the side of his lip. If he had been hurt, it had already healed. There was no sign he’d been punched.