Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Damien Gray

I shoved my iPod in my pocket, not wanting for it to get damaged in case a fight broke out. The black Wolf was now distracted snarling at me. He left the small brown She-Wolf lying unconscious on the ground.

He began making his way toward me. The fact that the Wolf was as tall as me helped his intimidating appearance.

I could’ve just run away. I knew there was no way he would be able to catch me.

I didn’t though.

My thoughts were on the She-Wolf that was lying down on the ground.

In the past, I had killed so many Rogues. I knew they deserved to die. They were always situations where it was either them or Sebastian and me.

Right now, the Wolf that was lying unconscious didn’t deserve what the black Wolf had done to her.

The black Wolf was only a few steps away, when I heard a loud growl from behind him. We both turned to look at a white Wolf approaching us. It was a female- that much was obvious. She was only slightly smaller than the black Wolf in front of me.

The white Wolf stared at the black one for a while. He growled at me one last time, before turning to leave.

When the white She-Wolf stepped closer to me, I caught her scent.

Emilia.

If her scent didn’t give it away, her blue eyes did. She slowly nodded at me once before chasing after the black Wolf.

I waited until their paws pounding on the ground sounded far away, before approaching the brown Wolf that was sprawled on the ground.

She was alive, but barely breathing. I was thinking over what to do. I could call Sebastian and tell him what had happened. I was only scared that he would propose we kill her. I didn’t want that. A much larger male Wolf had already attacked her and it hadn’t been a fair fight.

I was debating with myself on what to do, when I heard it.

They were coming back.

I made a quick decision. There was no way I could let them get to the She-Wolf again. Packs killed Rogues, sometimes for simply trespassing.

It made me wonder if they would try the same thing with Sebastian and me. Would they kill us if they knew we weren’t human?

I kneeled next to the She-Wolf’s body. It was easy to find her heart in her chest, and I quickly placed my right hand over it.

I concentrated enough to make the heart slightly move toward my hand, using my telekinesis. Once I did that, the Wolf’s body jolted up and she shifted into her human form.

Even in human form she was small. I quickly scooped her up in my arms and began running away.

With inhuman speed, I managed to make it to the edge of the woods without getting stopped by anyone. I not only had to worry about getting away from the Wolves. I had to worry about anyone seeing me running around with a naked girl in my arms.

Our apartment was nearby and I was relieved by that. It was already dark out but I still choose the most deserted roads to run through. I was running too fast for anyone to see me. I didn’t want to take any chances.