Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Damien Gray

“They are so hot!” I kept hearing from some girls who were staring directly at us. Even though they were outside the store, they kept trying to get our attention.

Keeping up with his plan of returning to school, Sebastian had dragged me to the mall to shop for clothes.

We had enough clothes, so I was sure his reason for wanting to go out- to the mall specifically- had been another.

Even though they were far away, I was able to hear every murmur or whisper about how Sebastian and I were good looking.

Sebastian had a grin on his face, as he searched for some t-shirts.

“Hearing girls talk about you that way, really makes you happy?” I asked, as I leaned on the wall next to the shelves of shirts, with my arms crossed.

“Not really. But it is fun to see how easy it is to attract them without doing anything. Do you want some fun for tonight?” Sebastian asked, nodding toward three girls that had walked into the store.

I cocked an eyebrow, even though I wasn’t amused by his proposition.

“No, I’m going to go fly. You can suit yourself though. As long as you don’t do anything in the apartment, I’m good,” I told him in a low voice.

Sebastian turned to frown at me, putting back the shirt he’d been looking at.

“You know we have to be careful where we fly, right?” He asked.

“Have I ever exposed us?”

At my question, he shook his head, but still looked unsure.

“I’ll be flying with you then,” he stated.

I would’ve argued with him about it, if I knew it would make a difference. Whenever Sebastian made up his mind about something, there was no changing it.

“You know, I won’t expose what we are, just so that we have to leave this crappy town,” I told him, grinning right after.

“I know, but just to be safe,” he said, and I chuckled.

It was entertaining to watch him worry over it. His worrying about me being reckless was the only pay back I got, for having to put up with going to school next week.

“What are you going to order?” Sebastian asked.

After buying nothing at the mall, we left to go eat. Even though Sebastian had insisted that we eat in the food court, I wanted a place with less noise.

I was able to tune out noises, but a mall attracted girls just as much as Sebastian and I did. Sitting at the mall, while I heard girls discuss things that made my stomach twist in disgust- it wasn’t appealing to me.

The waitress walked over, giving Sebastian and me an appreciative look. While I scowled at her for appearing to be too- much, Sebastian was offering her a smirk.

“Are you ready to order?” She asked. I didn’t let my gaze linger on her. It was easy to tell she was a few years older than us. I only had to worry about Sebastian, who always seemed to be attracted to older girls- or how he liked to put it, “when it comes to the opposite sex, I don’t discriminate.”

“I want pancakes and scrambled eggs.”

“To drink?” She asked. 

“A Dr. Pepper,” I told her, and put the menu down.“What about you?” She turned to face Seb, with a smile on her face.