Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Damien Gray

What?” I shouted in a growl, grabbing the collar of his shirt roughly with both of my hands. “What happened?”  

“I don’t know, Damy. She was doing that when I got home to see Tania. Maybe she’s had enough,” Sebastian said, shrugging.

It surprised me that he didn’t even try to get out of the hold I had him in.

“You didn’t try to stop her!”

“She was set on leaving. There was nothing I could do. I ran here as fast as I could,” he said.

“She’s not going anywhere!” I snapped, letting go of him.

“I don’t know if you’ll be able to change her mind, Damy,” Sebastian shrugged.

It almost seemed like he was trying not to smile. It angered me that he was happy that Emilia wanted to leave. I knew that he didn’t like her, but just the day before he had told me to get my shit together with her. He was already celebrating that she was trying to leave me.

“Damien, you have to calm down,” Wayne said, as I passed by him.

I was getting out of the pack building as fast as I could, but Wayne, Randy, and Sebastian were all following after me.

“She’s not going to leave me! I’m her mate!” I snapped at him.

“I know, all I’m saying is that you should calm down,” Wayne said.

I didn’t wait for anyone else to give me any more unwanted advice. As soon as I stepped outside, I shot up in the sky.

I made it to the mansion in record time. My anger was driving me, but most of all, I was nervous. I never thought she would leave me. She’d only given me an ultimatum once before, and it had been a very weak one. Emilia had never threatened to leave, especially not her pack.

On my way inside the house, I bumped into Tania.

“Damien,” Tania said, widening her eyes when she saw me.

“Are you helping her?” I snapped, wanting to lash out at anyone.

“Helping her with what?” Tania asked, but she was smiling at me.

She looked happy that Emilia was leaving me. Both she and Sebastian had probably been excitedly waiting for Emilia to make that decision.

“Are you helping Emilia leave me? It was probably your idea, wasn’t it? She would never leave me! She would never decide this on her own!”

I closed my eyes and tried to level my breathing before I did something I would regret. I wanted to keep yelling at Tania, but I knew that was because I was angry.

“Are you accusing me, or trying to tell yourself that she wouldn’t leave you?” Tania asked. “I’m out of here,” she said, and walked away from me before I got another word out.

I had been about to sense Emilia out, when I noticed her on the very top of the stairs. She was holding a suitcase in her hands.

When I slammed the door shut, with more force than was necessary, Emilia turned towards me. She was frowning, even though I was the one who should’ve been mad that she was leaving without telling me.

I took the stairs two at a time. I was waiting for her to explain what she was doing and why. I couldn’t understand how she had come to the conclusion that leaving would be a good idea, but I was going to demand an explanation.