Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Emilia Stark

“You’re joking, right?” My friend Lexi asked me.

I was looking directly at the boy my Wolf had recognized as her mate. He was- perfectly handsome. Since we’d entered Marie’s diner, my Wolf had been whining to be let out. Now I knew why.

My mate was everything I had hoped for, and then some more.

His light brown hair was all over the place. I could see how straight and smooth it was, even though he had it messily styled. His green eyes were like emeralds staring back at me, and the light tan on his skin completed everything that made him flawless.

“Emilia, snap out of it,” Jenna told me, as she pulled on my arm to make me sit down.

Jenna and Lexi had managed to drag me toward a table without me noticing.

My mate was now looking down at his plate. He looked bothered by something. His features were hardened and his jaw was clenched. As I kept staring at him, a thought finally occurred to me.

He was a human.

Out of every Wolf in our pack, or even in others- I had been chosen to have a human mate. One look at him and I knew there was no way I would want anybody else.

My mate was perfect.

“You’re so lucky. He’s really cute,” Jenna told me, looking down at her plate.

I stopped staring at my mate, and turned to frown at her. The blush on her face made me angry. I didn’t want her or anybody else to be looking at him like that.

I was going to say something about the comment she made, when Lexi stopped me.

“It’s true Em. It’s not our fault your mate is gorgeous,” she said.

Lexi was sitting next to me, and across from Jenna. We were both facing my mate. Right after she made that comment, she turned to look at him.

“Stop staring at him!” I growled. Lexi and Jenna seemed surprised by my outburst, but remained quiet.

Being the daughter of the Alpha usually did that. It bugged me how much respect they had for me at times. Right now, I was glad they listened to me.

My Wolf wouldn’t like for other girls- friends or not- to be talking about our mate that way.

We’d been sitting down for about five minutes, when a girl grumpily came to take our orders. According to her, the waitress from our section had just disappeared into thin air.

Lexi and Jenna ordered for me. My stomach was full of anticipation, and I knew even if I tried, there was no way I could eat. I was too excited about finding my mate.

I gave my mate discreet looks, trying to guess things about him. He was wearing a simple white shirt. There was nothing to it, yet I couldn’t help but find it perfect on him.

The serious expression on his face created an air of mystery around him- one that my Wolf and I wanted to break through.

“Have you seen him before? Did he go to school while I was out?” I asked my friends.

Next week, I’d be starting my junior year in high school.