Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Emilia Stark

It was already Friday and there was still no sign of my mate. I had looked for him everywhere, and I just couldn’t find him.

Right after driving Lexi and Jenna home- the first day I met Damien- I went back to look for him. His scent was practically gone. The little scent that did remain, gave no concrete direction to where he might have gone. It was really frustrating.

I’d been looking for days, and still nothing.

Yesterday, I spent the entire day just walking around town trying to see if I ran into him.

It might have helped to tell my dad, or someone. But that was a risk I couldn’t take. I wanted to talk to Damien first, before I told anyone about him.

Lexi and Jenna had been pestering me about telling my dad, but I didn’t want to do that just yet. There was no way I could go up to my dad, and tell him I’d found my mate, just to come home empty handed.

I was sure he would want to see Damien. He’d want to talk to him and make sure he was suited to be my mate. I, of course, knew that Damien was perfect- so presenting him to my dad was mainly a formality.

We would both become Alphas, so there were many things we needed to plan.

No matter what, I needed to have Damien by my side. I didn’t exactly know how things would work out with him being a human Alpha.

It was midday already, and I’d just about given up on finding him. I was walking around town with less enthusiasm than before.

Finally, when I made it to the edges of the park, I headed for the trial. The nice view in the park, with the lake right across, was helping clear my mind.

After walking for a while, I took a seat on one of the benches. I’d been passing by families, kids, and couples enjoying the nice day. Seeing them so happy was worsening my mood.

I let my thoughts drift away to this entire week. These past few days after finding Damien had been crazy.

Either I was extremely happy that I’d found him, or I was worried about where he might be. My Wolf was craving his company and I wasn’t fending any better.

I had my eyes closed, resting my head on the back of the bench.

I’d been sitting down for a while, when a familiar scent hit me.

When I opened my eyes, I noticed him. He was about to pass in front of me, but I wasn’t sure if he’d recognize me.

“Hey!” I called out, as Sebastian got closer.

He was wearing a pair of sunglasses, walking without a care in the world. He noticed me right after I called for him. It was either that, or the fact that I was waving my hands around like an idiot.

“Hey you,” he said, calmly making his way toward me.

He was wearing a black and gray plaid shirt with some dark jeans. Even if I didn’t want to notice, it was hard to miss how striking he was. He wasn’t as attractive as Damien, but damn was he close.

The thought that they were different than me kept passing through my mind lately, but I usually dismissed it. It sounded superficial every time I thought back to how good looking they were, but it was impossible to deny. Then, there was also the fact that they were human.