Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Damien Gray

“Lukey boy!” Sebastian called the small pup.

The husky came running to him, wagging his tail, and looking excited with the attention.

I grinned at Sebastian, just as I had been doing every single time he called out to Luke.

It was late at night, and Sebastian hadn’t stopped fussing about the puppy he’d adopted a few hours ago.

As much as I tried, I couldn’t go to bed. I was too amused by Sebastian and the pup.

“Luke is gonna be fuming once he gets a load of Luke,” I said, chuckling at my own words.

“I should make Luke give Luke a load on his front yard,” Sebastian said, as he tickled the puppy’s tummy.

Emilia had left a few hours ago. I didn’t have to be a mind reader to guess what she was thinking. The scowl had remained in her face the entire time she was here, after Sebastian and Luke had arrived.

“We should go to bed,” Sebastian said, making no attempt to move.

“We should,” I agreed. Despite my words, I also remained lying down on the couch.

I woke up feeling something strange touching my hands.

I cracked one eye open just enough to see Luke licking my hand, which was almost touching the ground. I hadn’t noticed I’d fallen asleep on the couch.

“You tired?” Sebastian asked, as he walked down the stairs.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked him.

The first thing I did after getting up from the couch was stretch. That couch was not meant for sleeping, and it was too small for me.

Despite how late we’d gone to sleep last night, Sebastian hardly looked tired.

“You fell asleep on the couch. I figured you needed more rest,” he shrugged as he walked toward the kitchen.

Luke made his way after Sebastian. I saw the grin on Seb’s face right after he caught sight of Luke.

“Don’t bring Emilia around the house today,” Sebastian told me on the drive to school.

I cocked an eyebrow, but didn’t question him about it.

“We’re spying on the Wolves,” he continued.

“What?” I asked, feeling a frown pull on my face.

“We are, so find a way to get rid of her. I don’t want her stalking you if we’re going to be on her territory.”

“Why? If we want to know anything, we could just ask Emilia,” I told him.

“You could, not me. And you can’t ask anything that includes her pack or her father.”

“Why not?” I asked out of mere curiosity or probably just to torment myself even more.

“Emilia hasn’t been too forthcoming about her pack or the Alpha. Since she isn’t saying anything, we need to find out on our own.”

I closed my eyes, and felt myself slump in the seat. Now was probably a very good time to tell Sebastian of all the invitations I’d received from Emilia about meeting the Alpha.