Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Damien Gray

Art had been- awkward.

There was no other way to describe the situation. Sebastian kept giving Emilia knowing smiles. I was afraid her face would permanently remain red with how much she kept blushing.

By the time the bell rang, both Emilia and I were ready to get the hell out of the room. She waited for me to leave the room though, which didn’t take me long- considering I’d been aching to leave since class started.

I could see the disappointment in Emilia’s face when she realized we didn’t have third period together.

“I have Math right now,” she told me.

We were outside of my history class. The bell was about to ring and she was still standing in front of me.

“Okay,” I said, as I leaned my back on the wall.

“Do you think I can meet you at the end of this hall before lunch? It’ll be on my way to the cafeteria.”

I looked at her, cocking an eyebrow.

“I’m eating with Sebastian,” I reminded her.

I noticed some looks on us, but I ignored it. Humans weren’t the only ones focused on petty things. Werewolves were just the same.

When I looked down at Emilia, I caught her lightly blushing.

“I’ll still wait for you at the end of the hall,” she said.

I wasn’t sure what to do after our plans for lunch were decided. Emilia just stood in front of me, standing really close.

It was her who finally moved away. I used that time to walk into class.

“I’ll see you in a bit,” she waved at me, with a smile on her face.

I nodded at her, before entering class.

I had just taken a seat in the back when the bell rang. I was sure she had been late to class. I was trying not to feel bad. After all, she was the one who kept following me around.

A part of me was enjoying her attention- my human side. The Legen part of me knew it was wrong to enjoy Emilia’s company too much.

“Hey!” A girl excitedly greeted. She took the seat beside me.

“Do you remember me? We have first period together. I went to talk to you but that girl interrupted our conversation.”

I hadn’t remembered her, until she brought up Emilia.

“Right,” I said, and continued looking at the board.

The teacher was sitting on her desk, with students surrounding it. Even though the bell had rung, the class looked unorganized. So far, I had been having an easy day. I was sure this class wouldn’t be any different.

“So you’re Damien?” The girl asked again. It shouldn’t have, but her cheery attitude was irritating me. I didn’t want to talk, so when someone tapped my shoulder- I used that as a distraction.

“Hey dude,” the guy on my other side said.

“Hey,” I nodded- which made him offer his hand for me to shake.