Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Damien Gray

“Still not talking to you?” Sebastian asked.

I shook my head in reply and Sebastian sighed audibly.

“Come on,” he said, nodding down the hall.

I was sitting outside of our room where Emilia had locked herself in. When Sebastian noticed I didn’t make a move to follow after him, he slumped himself on the floor, resting his back on the wall across from me.

“Isn’t this getting a little ridiculous?”

I turned to glare at him, but he wasn’t even smirking or grinning at me. He actually meant those words.

“She’s just mad,” I replied defensively.

“Yeah and I have to give this one to her. I think what you want to do is stupid-”

“It’s our best option,” I interrupted.

“No, it isn’t. Just give the Wolves to Layton. Let him deal with them,” Sebastian said, sounding annoyed that he had to even propose the idea.

“Why are you even so pissed off about this?”

“You’re trying to take responsibility over these Wolves,” he said, distastefully. “I am damn sure entitled to give an opinion and be angry when I don’t agree with yours!” Sebastian snapped, actually raising his voice at me.

I was taken aback by his tone.

“They’re part of the pack.”

“A pack that betrayed you.”

“Not all of them,” I defended, not knowing why I felt so protective of them all of a sudden.

Sebastian glared at me. I could see his hands ball into fists at his sides, and he shook his head at me.

“So now you’re mad at me too?” I asked.

“I am mad at what you’re thinking of doing.”

Layton, Zeverus, Cassidy and the rest of the guys that came with them had gone back to their pack early in the morning.

I had discussed with Layton and Zeverus what I wanted to do. While I had made their side happy with my decision, Emilia wouldn’t even talk to me. Sebastian was ‘disappointed’ by my lack of ‘good judgment’.

I had every side pushing me in different directions, yet no one really seeing what I was trying to do.

Layton was happy— he wanted to unite the packs and have Sebastian and me fighting with him. Cassidy wanted us there because she wanted the Legens together. Zeverus pretty much went along with whatever the other two decided.

Sebastian had looked at me like I was joking, and then he tried convincing me not do it. Emilia, she hadn’t spoken to me since I flew us both back to the mansion.

She didn’t even leave the room when the guys were taking off. The only person she allowed into the room had been Cassidy, who she’d actually become good friends with.

I was hoping Cassidy would try reasoning with her, but no such luck. Cass told me I had to work things out on my own and that Emilia was definitely upset with me.

“I can’t leave the pack behind without any protection. Wayne told me the Rogues will eat them alive if they’re without an Alpha. Mountain Peak would be considered no man’s land.”