Chapter 3 - Toya Todoroki

Hisashi was on his way home from work, tying up loose ends and making sure his leave from the underground world would go unnoticed until it was too late. Everyone that knew his identity must be silenced, the easy or the hard way. A little more blood on his hands would be nothing compared to how drenched they already were. Inko didn't need to know about this part... Just that they were going to be safe. Hmm, he still needed to come up with a new job. Something to bring in money but to also show he was bettering himself...

Just when he was about to turn a corner, a young boy ran into him. He stumbled back and fell on his butt, staring up at Hisashi with a panicked look. His clear blue eyes were drowning in tears and his pure white hair spiked up in every direction. He had bandages wrapped around his arms, visible due to him only wearing a short sleeved white t-shirt. He also had mild scarring in his face and looked rather skinny for his height.

"I-I'm sorry!" he yelped, quickly crawling back up, glancing behind him before wanting to run away again.
"Hey, it's okay" Hisashi smiled, holding him back.
"What's wrong? Are you lost? Is someone trying to hurt you?"
"P-please leave me alone, sir" the boy breathed, keeping his head down as he tried to flee again.

"I can help you" Hisashi tried again. This whole situation reminded him of how he found Tenko. Red flags and warning signs were flashing all around this kid. Come to think of it, he should be around Tenko's age, right? His adopted son was now 8 years old, living with the Midoriya's for four years. He vaguely recognized something in this boy, like he should know him from somewhere... Yes, he definitely reminded him of someone... Again, the boy turned around, as if scared he was being followed.

"I-I need to go-"

"Hey, wait, I-" Hisashi started, both of them freezing up at a booming voice and flames lurking from around the corner.
"Quickly, hide here" Hisashi whispered, pushing the boy behind a garbage container before taking a few steps towards the noise, as if he was just walking by. He was surprised to see Endeavor walking towards him. Huh, no sidekicks... Since when does he do the field work on his own? He always has people to assist him in the more social aspect of the job, right?

"You! Have you seen a boy, this tall, white hair? It is of utmost importance that I find him as soon as possible!"
"Oh? I think I saw a young boy heading down that direction a minute ago" Hisashi said, pointing at a side street on the other side of the road.
"Thank you, citizen!" the hero yelled, quickly going over to where Hisashi pointed.

He sighed, closing his eyes for a moment before checking up on the boy again. He was trembling, some tears spilling from his eyes.
"Y-you didn't r-root me out..." he choked out, looking shocked and surprised.
"If a big shot like Endeavor is looking for someone like you, it can only mean a few things" Hisashi sighed.

"Either you have done something really, really bad or you are related to something really, really bad. Or someone important is paying a lot of money to find you and keep it quiet"
It would explain the lack of sidekicks and the fact he seemed rushed, giving only a few characteristics of the boy and no reason why he needed to find him whatsoever. The boy still seemed hesitant to trust him though...

"Listen, I'm not a big fan of heroes either... But I can help you, if you want? My name is Midoriya Hisashi"
The boy rubbed his arms, looking a bit unsure, glancing around before looking back up at the man.
"D-Dabi"

"Nice to meet you Dabi. Can you tell me why the number two hero is looking for you?" Hisashi asked, reaching out to the boy. Dabi slowly took his hand, staying close to this strange man, still afraid his father would turn back up and force him to come back home with him. Home... That place was no home... It was a prison and he finally escaped.
"I-I ran away..."